Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you tip your pro shop?????

Old 09-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: do you tip your pro shop?????

I used to help a buddy set up bows in his Mathews shop, and ever since I got my new Hoyt I have been debating on buying some archery tools and workin on my bows and my buddies bows.

When my buddy ran his shop I never tipped him, we just hunted 24/7 and called it good

The only thing I really have a pro shop do is put in peep sights and stuff for me, as I haven't bought my bow press yet. But once I get a bow press bought, I'll do it all myself.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

What Motown said!
Old 09-28-2006, 06:36 PM

Ive bought a new bow three years running from the shop I use that ought to be tip enouph.
and still if you dont watch close they will still try to slip one in on you! (rat terd that is)
Old 09-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

No, I've never tipped my pro shop! They charge me accordingly and I pay the asking price. 'Nough said!

That's not to say that if I felt that they went above and beyond for me that I wouldn't compensate somehow. Sometimes I'll wait for them to call me after making a repair or fletching some arrows for me, and then I get tired of waiting and just stop in, only to find that my stuff is ready and nobody bothered to call me. Even after "THEY" ask me for my name and number and say they will call. I have an answering machine and caller ID so I know they have not called. That pisses me off for sure! Bad customer service actually!
Old 09-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I would think not. It's like any business that's passing through products to customers. Do you tip your dentist, doctor, grocery store, tire store, car dealer, hardware store yada yada yada. Nope, you don't. Tipping is generally reserved for service businesses like waiters and waitresses, bar keeps cab drivers etc that work mainly for tips. Their salaries are generally lower and the bulk of their money is made in tips. If you feel your guy did you something good... tell a friend or take the guy to lunch. Heck, bring him in a real good lunch someday for the whole shop. They're usually too dang busy this time of year to think about lunch.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pro shops and the people that work there don't expect to be tipped becasue we provide a service and charge accordingly for itbut we don't need this crap either.

Yea I say heres your tip, lower your damn prices.
So here is your tip.... Go out and purchase all of the equipment needed to work on your own bow and hope you don't do something stupid like cut your string, get a flame too close and melt strands on your string, press your bow wrong and bend a riser, install a loop incorectly and punch yourself in the nose, or the many other things you can do that easily will screw up a bow.

It should only cost you a few thousand dollars to get rigged up like a pro shop.

If you want cheap equipment atlower prices go to Walmart and do it yourself trying not to make costly mistakes along the way... if you want good equipment at reasonable prices with professional help and service visit your local pro shop.

Oh and when you need something like ACC's, Gold tip pros, Easton fat boys, line jammers, Carbon Express CX's, extra inserts, rage broadheads, , etc... etc... don't come visit a pro shop cause we don't want you there. The folks in the sporting goods department ar Walmart, Dicks, Academy, etc.. will be glad to assist you.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:07 PM

They are over priced and we dont have a bass pro for about 150 miles. But to answer your question no. They have a monopoly and get plenty of buisness.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Motown for president!!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Easy big fella, I do all my work on my equipment thank you. Thats right I've got it all. Press, lazer levels, vice, chrono,etc.etc. Don't need any so called pro to set up my equipment. I know you PROS need to make a living but all in one day off of me? I would share a little more with you but I'm heading out the door the WallyWorld to see if there are any good deals in the clearence isle.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

So here is your tip.... Go out and purchase all of the equipment needed to work on your own bow and hope you don't do something stupid like cut your string, get a flame too close and melt strands on your string, press your bow wrong and bend a riser, install a loop incorectly and punch yourself in the nose, or the many other things you can do that easily will screw up a bow.

It should only cost you a few thousand dollars to get rigged up like a pro shop.

If you want cheap equipment atlower prices go to Walmart and do it yourself trying not to make costly mistakes along the way... if you want good equipment at reasonable prices with professional help and service visit your local pro shop.

Oh and when you need something like ACC's, Gold tip pros, Easton fat boys, line jammers, Carbon Express CX's, extra inserts, rage broadheads, , etc... etc... don't come visit a pro shop cause we don't want you there. The folks in the sporting goods department ar Walmart, Dicks, Academy, etc.. will be glad to assist you.
You feelin ok bigbulls? ha, ha WOW!

Quick Reply: do you tip your pro shop?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.