Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Girlfriend got a bow!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 07:33 AM

Default RE: Girlfriend got a bow!!!

I remember that pic from the "Next Martin Girl" thread a while back.

She's still a cutie.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

haha thanks, i was reluctant to put it up... but figured what the hay..
Old 09-28-2006, 07:44 AM

Does she have a sister?

You're a lucky guy, that's all I've got to say.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

Alright for all you guys who want pictures. and to prove that squirrel wasnt lying... Here is my special woman

You are one lucky, lucky man.
If only my girlfriend would take up archery[&:].

So lucky....
Old 09-28-2006, 07:49 AM

Wow! She's a good looking lady. I also have a goodlooking wife, that was deerhunting back as far as her teenage years. She knew I loved deer hunting, and just shooting in general with bows and guns. So it was only natural that she and I would shoot and hunt together. So I took her out to buy her all new camo, and a new gun. She always hunted with a 742 woodmaster 30-06. Well, when she had finally decided on a new gun, she picked a new Remington 7400 carbine synthetic in 30-06. I thought she might want something with a little less recoil, but she was very adament about that 30-06. She also had never shot with a scope, so I let her steal one of my Nikons off of one of my guns, and she can shoot a 3 shot group to the edge of the bullseye at 100 yards that you can cover with a nickel. She has also recently showed an interest in shooting a bow. She's not sure about deer hunting with it butshe has said she wants toget one andpractice with me, and I love the idea. She is my best friend, and we love doing things together. So congratulations on the up and comingmarraige, and congrats on having a special woman that wants to spend time withyou on your terms and in your way.

Good hunting

God Blless
Old 09-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

WH - She has 4 sisters One just turned 18, and another is in 10th grade... youre a senior right?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ok about the tribute and the ring....you dodo head, get the tribute first. you bowtech shooters don't think things through sometimes. do you really think you'll be able to get a new bow right after you get married/engaged. haha! that's funny!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ed what ever happend of the pics of CORRECTED FORM you were supposed to get?? to me i see TIGHT grip...leaning back sliiightly..and bow arm looks high....remember the corrected form pics we were supposed to get?????? lol

us guys on team 36 got some good looking females ourselves..mine doesnt hunt or shoot. never been around my lifestyle till she met me..shes interested but im still hesitant to take her shooting or hunting. shes still a girly girl....i have taken her fishing a few times....man what a PIA. i gota pee....im cold..im thirsty....im bored..dang women you have a 10CUFT purse and you aint got no water or food or extra clothes in there!?!?!..still working her in....
Old 09-28-2006, 09:14 AM

sisters eh? well, im a senior and i live inMD
Old 09-28-2006, 09:29 AM

LOL @ mauser! That's why I carry a tiny purse... this way I can't fit a whole lot in it, but you'll often find my release stuffed in there though!

I love to see other women hunting... and as far as the "guy time" and whatnot... I can see your point, but what if you s/o is genuinly interested in it, what do you tell her, "No WAY, that's MY thing!" As hunters, we should always be looking for the next person we can introduce to the great sport. I don't care who it is, a child, a wife or girlfriend, or just a friend from work, in my opinion, you should never discourage someone from the great outdoors.

My husband is proud to take me on hunting trips with him, and if we had a deer camp to go to, he'd be excited to take me there too. We make our own hunting camp come dove season, we take 4 or 5 days to camp out with our hunting buddies, cook our harvest over the open flame, drink a few beers, and shoot the sh*t, it's one of the best times of the year. As far as "letting go" and just being a guy... if a woman hunts, and she makes the decision to go to a hunting camp with mostly or all men, she had just better expect that things are naturally going to go that way. If you have a good woman who is willing to blend right in, great, but if you realistically have aprissy, cheerleader type (sorry about your luck ), I definitely wouldn't suggest it. LOL

I wish I could get the picture up of when my hubby took me pheasant hunting with all of his hunting buddies last year, but it's a .bmp format and I can't get it as jpeg...???

There is one thing that is for sure, hunting together will grow a bond between you and your wife/gf that can never be matched... it's just one of those "special" things you do together, and every relationship needs that in some way or another, there are more memories made in the woods than anywhere else I can think of!

Quick Reply: Girlfriend got a bow!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.