Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Obsessed
43.14%
Dedicated
29.41%
Somewhat dedicated
2.94%
I am lazy when it comes to my bow and hunting
1.96%
Beyond obsessed...Totally out of control
22.55%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Are you obsessed?

Old 09-27-2006, 10:36 AM

Default RE: Are you obsessed?

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

If there was one above Obsessed, I would have chosen that one.
I added another category just for you Rob....
Old 09-27-2006, 10:43 AM

My wife says , even though she deer hunts, that she wishes I would just shut up! By August she is so sick of hearing about deer season, deer this, deer that, buck, grunt tube, camo, deer stands,buck, bow, rifle, scopes, muzzleloader, big knife, spear, slingshot, buck, feeders, cameras, pictures, does, hunting, hunting, hunting...... etc..that she wants to kill me. I can't help it. I know I need help, but I have never seen a deer hunters anonymous 12 step program.... oh well, I guess I will just have to suffer with my sickness for the rest of my life. It is a sacrifice, aburden, I will just have to shoulder.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Campo

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

If there was one above Obsessed, I would have chosen that one.
I added another category just for you Rob....

Geee, thanks, I fixed my vote for that one.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

out of all of the hunters i personally know i think im in the woods more then any one of them. even if im fishing..im STILL looking for deer and turkey sign. if im bored ill go scout or shoot. now this is my first year bowhunting.....i spent countless hours shooting. 2000+ arrows in the matter of less then 2 months! my family and friends will be worried when saturday its dark and they havent seen me since friday. i gota make sure i tell them im staying on stand from like 5am-DARK or until i nail one. ill hunt every other chance i get. before class...after work etc. i dont think theres a word for me....passionate might fit..i love to do it. most people would consider what i do to be "work" and would want PAID to do it. always in search of a new mountain to climb..headed deeper and deeper..thinking harder and harder..gota think like a DEER and ALSO as a weekend warrior hunter...put the 2 thoughts together and the ultimate stand will flash in your mind. ya......im crazy.....i know.....
Old 09-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

I picked somewhat dedicated do to this only being my second season out. If seasons continue the way they are in PA, it may become an obsession here.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im a dedicated huntr I hunt every day of bow season at least once.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

I guess it depends on who you asked, others may say obsessed about me. 8 stands, food plots, shed hunting, etc. But w/ two boys under 4 yo, and a wife to spend time with,I don't have the time to be obsessed in my book. I'd say highly dedicated.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel I amconsistent and dedicated, but I made a promise to myselfto not compromise my family for hunting. My wife in turn appreciates this and actually goes out of her way to let me hunt several hours per week during the season, shed hunt all spring and scout all summer long in the evenings...I would quit hunting tomorrow if my family needed me too, thankfully hunting is a huge part of our family tradition and I see no signs of it changing.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I would say I'm obsessed maybe a little byond , I should have picked out of control but I'm really ok now.
Therapy is a wonderful thing , don't care for those shock treatments though and the jacket are comfortable when you get use to them.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Due to my resposibilities (Husband/father of four) I can't be in the woods as much as I would like. Which would mean I wouldn't come out. But I'd say I'm obsessed! I've got a really cool piece of private property I hunt that's only about fifteen minutes from my house, so I hit is all the time. On a bad day I may go for a little while before work and a little while after. Other days spend the entire day. But I'm really excited this year because my oldest son has anounced that he wants to go. I took him out when he was seven deer hunting but shot a ground hog and he was pretty torn up about it. That's one of the rules the land owner put on me - all ground hogs must go. But he says he's ready, so now my wife can shut up, because it's no longer about me! Ha! Now I just have to make sure it's fun, maybe some candy, a gameboy.... Hmmm... Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Quick Reply: Are you obsessed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.