Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BLAZER VANES

Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 AM

Default BLAZER VANES

First - HELLO GUYS ! First post of the year for me. I hope to see all the regs on hear this season...

I am considering using Blazer vanes by Bohning.... I usually use a 5" vane- all white with a slight helical.... my local archery pro is telling me 'Every one is using these Blazers"

So - do they REALLY work well with broadheads ?? I just dont see how a 2" vane can stand up to a 5" vane..... I am also worried about seeing them - I can see my 5" vanes great...
Old 09-25-2006, 08:21 AM

Default RE: BLAZER VANES

I had 3 arrows fletched with the 2" Blazers on a Carbon Express select 400 shaft to try them out. I shot field points first, and marked each arrow when I pulled them out. I then swapped to broadheads and shot all three. They grouped real close to the marks I had for the field tips. the group was nice and fairly tight, and I think I am the cause of them not being tighter. But getting back on tract, I kept shooting andwas so impressed that I tookall of my arrows and had them refletched with Blazers. They work great, and they are the best vains I have put through my Whisker Biscuit. I have not had any vains messed up or torn off.

I would have them fletched offset or with a slight right helical. What I have seen so far the offset fly's great,( have been shooting them for about 2 years )and I am about to try the right helicals. I have 13 arrows being refletched right helical. I'll pick them up today.

BTW - I am shooting 100 gr. Muzzy 3 blade.

Good Hunting
God Bless
Old 09-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot them with Muzzy 3 and 4 blade broadheads and have no problems. They fly just as well as any of my other fletchings.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

I bought some blazers and had my shop refletch 3 arrows. Came home shot them with 3 blade muzzy's and after the first 3 shots from 25 yds. I had to take 2 of the arrows back to be re-fleched... yet um right off the groups were so tight. when I took those to back I took him all of my arrows and had them done.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

send me a pm with your address and I will send some free ones for you to try............
Old 09-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

They work awesome! You may have your doubts by the looks (I did too), but you won't be disapointed...
Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never shot tighter groups before in my life.. Brand new bowand blazers on the arrows, but nonetheless, unbelieveable.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:24 AM

They work great! Will not shoot anything else for hunting
Old 09-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The blazers have a slightly higher profile than other vanes. Also they are quite a bit more stiff as well. Those two things createmore resistance during arrow flight. therefore, making your arrows more stable which leads to better grouping.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the shrink fletchings with the blazers on them to try em out. I did the same thing as everyone else. Tried it on three arrows and after comming back from the range the rest of the arrows got the same thing. I use a WB and these are the best thing I have used to date.

Quick Reply: BLAZER VANES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.