Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trouble with other hunters

Old 09-25-2006, 07:03 AM

Default RE: trouble with other hunters

Find a new place to hunt.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

You never know what wacko you might run into. Some guys feel like when they are in the woods that it is like being on the lawless frontier and can do some very bizarre things. I would just move away from him. A guy challenged my little brother to get out of his tree and fight him once. I heard the argument and let me say that I thought we were gonna have to shoot the guy. Saying that scares me but it is the truth. I think the guy was on crack.
Deer live everywhere. When this happens to me I try to hunt where I think the deer will be before they get to the spot that was stolen.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:59 AM

Use a climber exclusively and then...problem solved. You still may see other hunters in your chosen hunting area, if so move. These are the perils associated w/ public land....sadly
Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 AM

I would consider going in and seeing if his stand is being left there and return the favor. And then I would never go back. I am not saying you should steal it, but you can disassemble it and scatter the parts, the same way he did you. But like I said, you can't go back there, because if you did it might turn into a real ugly situation. At that point it isn't worth it. I mean really you should take the high road, but if you feel that you have to do something, I would do it that way.

Good Hunting
God Bless