Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

why is everyone talking about how far they can shoot

Old 09-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: why is everyone talking about how far they can shoot

i have my pins set at 10, 20, 30, and 40 but i hate taking a shot much farther than 20.

Just a quick question, how can u guys be accurate at 40+ yards? when i look at the sight pin at that distance it almost covers the entire target.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHunter46

i have my pins set at 10, 20, 30, and 40 but i hate taking a shot much farther than 20.

Just a quick question, how can u guys be accurate at 40+ yards? when i look at the sight pin at that distance it almost covers the entire target.
How far your sight bracket isout from the riser makes a difference there. the sights that have long arm brackets are much better for greater distances...take a look at a competition shooters bow. there are hunting sights like this SPOT HOG makes one...im sure there are many others.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:17 PM

Its quite simple actually, my 40 pin is about half the size of my 20. I find shooting my 40 is easier than my 30.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

How far your sight bracket isout from the riser makes a difference there. the sights that have long arm brackets are much better for greater distances...take a look at a competition shooters bow. there are hunting sights like this SPOT HOG makes one...im sure there are many others.
ooic....i never thought of that...thanksalpha
Old 09-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

thanx to u too hiawatha! sryi must have postedlike a second or two after you did
Old 09-23-2006, 06:23 PM

that ok man. what would be stellar is if i got another pin the same size as my 40 to use for my 30 only problem with that is the smaller the pin the faster you lose it when the sun goes down. There is always glowing pins but ohh when will the decisions end.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

BHNTR46

I DONT HAVE ONE OF THESE SIGHTS(THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE)BUT HAVE SHOTWITH THEMAND IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE THEY ALSO MAKE THEM WITH SMALLER DIAMITER FEBER OPTICS.i STILL PRACTICE LONG DISTANCES IT HELPS WITH FOCUS GREATLY
Old 09-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i should probly go to a sportsmens club and shoot some farther shots to make the 30 and 40 yard shots easier. right now i just shoot behind my house and i have a hard time going much farther than 40 yds because of all the houses.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

shooting at longer distances makes practicing more fun.. just shooting 20 gets me burned real fast.

i probly shouldn't do this because i live in town but Another thing i do at night is set my target up in the back yard and lay a flashlight on the ground next to it so i can see. Then i climb up onto my roof with 2 dozen arrows and shoot(i have a L.E.D. mounted in my sight window).dont know why i do it, but itis fun to me(till the lawman shows up[:@]Knock on wood)good thing i have cool neighbors that know what my obsession is. otherwise id be going to jail an awfull lot.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to try it for myself tonite.
I went to fifty and shot three arrows, not bad considering I just guessed at where the pin should be. I was shooting at a mckenzie deer and had all three from fifty in the kill zone. About a five inch group.Then at twenty all three were touching vanes in the heart!
I will now start shooting farther to increase my concentration.
Like they say on the Walker game ear commercials It worked for me....LOL

Quick Reply: why is everyone talking about how far they can shoot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.