Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

warm AND silent?

Old 09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default warm AND silent?

is there such thing ans a coat that is silent and warm for the december day a field? i just bought a coat from cabela's(site un seen) that claimed it was both and it is the loudest coat i have ever bought. its being sent back monday. but i need one that is both. PLEASE tell me what you have found that is really good. thanks Jeff Smith.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: warm AND silent?

Wolfskin is about as quiet a material as I've ever seen. Enigma doesn't have insulated clothing yet but I'd bet if you called Chuck on his website you could work something out. The other alternative is to layer under his Wolfskin Enigma camo.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:45 PM

I concur. That message is authentic. Wolfskin is absolutely SILENT! I was wearing it the other day when I shot my doe, and I can't believe how quiet it is. I purpously rubbed it against the tree to see if it made noise, and it didn't. It's windproof, so it adds a degree of warmth. If you could get Enigma in insulated, you would have an absolute UNBEATABLE garment.

Rob, do you know what Chuck is planning on offering in the future? Such as insulated, 3D, raingear?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

first how do i find his website and two i defenately will look into it for a warm season hunting jacket but i need something for the cold days afield.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:05 PM

www.enigmacamo.com

Old 09-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

mobowhuntr, I'm fortunate enough to live close to Chuck and get a chance to run into him from time to time. He said he definately wants to come out with the 3D Leafy wear next year. I'm hoping that's going to happen, I can imagine how incredible that will be but we don't want to put the cart before the horse as has happened before.

Insulated is something he's thinking in the near future as well. But for now, like you said, I haven't had the chance to experience Enigma in the elements so I trust your judgement but from what I understand, you said it correct about Wolfskin as a garment.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I always wear fleece when it gets cold. Zero noise and its as warm as can be. Buy it at old navey and put your leafy suite on over it.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for fleece, I have my Scent Lock suit all in fleece and I love it. It is very quiet, comfortable, and I wore it all through November and December and never felt uncomfortable.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mobo and Rob are correct. Chuck has pretty the ability to make any type of clothing that you would like. Browning used to make some stuff called Gator Fleece that was pretty good. I would definitely check into the Enigma if possible.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:46 AM

If you like Cabelas products anything that contains MT050 fabric (waterproof and silent) or Silent Suede is a good bet for warmth and quiet. Good luck!

Quick Reply: warm AND silent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.