Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i see a lot of this already........

Old 09-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default i see a lot of this already........

I see a lot of post asking for tracking advice. The best advice I can offer is to practice, practice, practice and make sure you can hit the kill zone on an animal before you release the arrow. I would bet I can count only 2 or 3 times I had to track an animal and only once I couldn't find the deer because property owner wouldn't let me on his land. Nothing I could do there. So be patient, practice and make sure of your shots.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 PM

Default RE: i see a lot of this already........

Simply put;

Stuff happens.

I don't care how much you practice or how sure of yourself you are, you're bound to need advice at some point. HuntingNet.com is here to offer that advice.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was thinking the same thing
Old 09-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's right, stuff happens. It's what you do after the shot that makes or breaks a good recovery at times.

A good read, everyones: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1665984
Old 09-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea but it looks like most people are giving up after a few hours and allow me to give major kudos to sbgobblers for the effort he put into finding that deer
Old 09-22-2006, 07:18 PM

The problem is, One, that not everyone is as willing as some of the rest of us are. We can't let their poor judgment deter us from giving sound advice to those honestly seeking it.

Don't let one bad apple ruin it for the rest. If we've got the knowledge to offer to someone who truly needs it, we should do everything we can to make that knowledge available to them.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

oneshot7
People do take time that buck i tracked we trailed 4 hrs the first night in pouring rain in a marsh up to our knees in water. Then went home slept 4 hrs and were out a light and trailed another 5 hrs working grids. stuff happens and you wont get them all we arent giving up yet. We think its still alive but were going to watch for scavangers the next week to be sure the meats spoiled by now. Oh and me and my buddy are great shots out to 40 yrds. Stuff happens. I got 2 deer down this yr so far 1 week in and 3 trips out both died in eye sight but you kill enough one or two are bound to go wrong. Ive only lost 1 deer before and my buddy lost this one so far and we still think its alive.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:59 PM

Wait.............this is just the tip of the iceberg.

The next 2 months are a tough mix of great success stories with a LOT of botched knucklehead pooch-screws.

Every year I hope it will be better.............and EVERY year I am disappointed.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i want saying you didnt look hoser and that you arent good shots i was just saying like washington said you dont hear all of it
Old 09-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

I got what your saying sorry to jump the gun. Im just teed off about the buck my buddy shot he estimated it to be about 130 inch. class and would be the biggest weve ever had the opp. to harvest and I dont know what happened.
jOE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.