Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i see a lot of this already........

Old 09-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i see a lot of this already........

I know what teamster284 is saying........I think I also sense theres alot of newer bowhunters this year. It also seems alot of newer hunter asking questions about "how many pins" and"how far to shoot". These are a little worrysome. Anyone can and will make a mistake, veterans or rookies. But, if you're a new to bowhunting.......get a few under your belt. Keep your shots close (20 yards and under)(some people 15 yard max) Yes, you may be able to group arrows out to 40 yards......thats not hunting situations. You'll be surprised even with a 20 yard max the problems/learning you will have. Try to take broadside, stopped shots only.......try for double lungs. Quartering to and from shots are really shots for experienced hunters. Quarting to...probably never should be taken.

Its hard toexplain to newer bowhunters all the "things" that can happen while bowhunting......thats what makes it so unbeleiveably exciting. DISTANCE, compounds all factorsand greatly reduces and magnifies all problems!

GoodLuck to everyone....have a great season.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i see a lot of this already........

I dont mind the wounded deer threads, as long as they are geniuninly trying to get advice. Seems like some of them are just bragging that they HIT the deer. My biggest peve is if its been after 8 hours since you've shot, and its still daylight, get off the $#&*# computer, and go look for your deer!