Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
1/2 mile
5.41%
3/4 mile
0%
1 mile
10.81%
1.5 miles
8.11%
2.0 miles
5.41%
doesn't matter I will walk as far as I need for the trophy deer
70.27%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

how far is to far?

Old 09-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how far is to far?

If you can't use an ATV then is it possible to use a mountain bike ? it will get you out there quicker .you will probably need help from some one to get it out that long distance
Old 09-22-2006, 07:28 PM

Rookie, I think you need to ask yourself how much a trophy would mean to you and then you will have your answer. New Zealand is very mountainous and i walk many miles just to have the chance at shooting an animal and i don't care what anyone says but any animal shot is a trophy to me. Sometimes one has to go the extra mile to get that special spot where the bigguns hide.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

ORIGINAL: DUMB BASS

I hunt some stand that are les than 100 yards from a road, I hunt others that are 2 miles or more. Go where the deer are and the people ain't. Sometimes it's closer than you think.
Sure thats easy for you to say. I now live in Illinois.However, I used to live in WV and hunted there my whole life. Trust me a two mile walk in Illinois is cake compared to PA or WV.
goherd, I can say it and back it up. I too grew up hunting PA, (nowlive in IL also)and know what you're talking about. 2 miles here ain't like PA, but I did it there, and I do it here.