Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just need to vent

Old 09-22-2006, 04:32 PM

Default RE: Just need to vent

Dave H.

I am sorry for your heavy heart. Please do not let him know how badly this hurts you. That is probably what he wants and would thrive on the knowledge. Mean people don't care who they hurt. But Please give your hurt over to the Lord. He may not change the circumstances, but He will take away the pain and frustration. And to those who ask and are faithful He will give much. The Lord can bless you more than you can imagine. I know when I have gone through many similiar circumstances, if I gave it to Him, it didn't hurt near as bad, and somehow I would always seem to benefit sooner or later. So don't let your heart be heavy. If you ask and are faithful He will give much.

God Bless

Old 09-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: kenman

Sounds like your cousin needs a good ass-whoopin
Though I probably would not say it quite this way - I agree with kenman!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is the reason many of you need to forget the new switchbacks , quads & new trucks .Hunting is a way of life and if you don't have a place to hunt its over.
Go buy land !Get your friends to buy land! All hunters should own land!
We have to many people destroying areas that wildlife has been forever.
Land is the best return you will ever get on your money and you can use it any time you want.Do you have much fun with your 401kI DON'T THINK SO!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kenman

Sounds like your cousin needs a good ass-whoopin
Kenman,my thoughts exactly. I like the way you think

Dave, that sucks! Sorry to hear that. Some prayer can't hurt, thats for sure! Also, there are deer crawling all over central MD. Keep yournose to the grindstone, and do a little research. There are so many people who need a deer hunter to come "get these damm tick-ridden deer" off there plush property. You just need an "in."

Most of the properties I hunt in Montgomery county are from friends who were working at somebody's house and the owner has land and is going nuts over deer taking over their property.

Good Luck!

Old 09-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seems we hear more and more about guys loosing land to hunt and not gaining. I wonder if that is the way things are to come and another downfall for hunters.

I wonder about my honey hole at times. I love this spot, I've hunted it since before I was of age. I grew up there and I know at any time it could be taken away from me. I know I could take game on my own land but it would be difficult and a chance in the wind. That is one reason I tried to buy an adjoining 37 acres I know I could have taken game on easily and have taken or been repondsible for taking 4 gobblers there this past spring. Deer are abundant as well as bear. I can hunt it now even tho I missed by a couple hundred dollars and my elderly neighbor ended up with it to keep it the same. That's fine with me until he passes on, then what. I've already talked with him about it and we have terms to discuss.

Good Luck DaveH, seems things tend to work themselves out and what goes around, comes around. Keep the chin up and good luck this season.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Dave sorry to hear that but at least you can walk out your door and be hunting. I havn't even bought a license in Md or Delyet because of no place to goexceptpublic and I advoid that like the plagueand little time to look. I just know you will still manage to take at least one deer in every month of the season as you did last year.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave, you have my sympathy. I know how that feels as well, I used to hunt this one area that had a nice field where I would see 20 deer in it some times and now it's a parking lot for a Genuardie's. It seems everywhere land is getting plowed over in the name of "progress" and it does suck!
I agree with kenman, although that really won't help.[:@]
Old 09-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Dave just take a rake and an old deer antler and make a fake rub line away from your funnel,then make a huge phony scrape . sounds to me like these guys would set right up on it. sounds kind of funny, but has worked for me.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to be a smart arse or anything and yes it does suck you lost your hunting ground but, if i owned land, i think i'd do what i want with it. I'm pretty sure you wouldnt change your mind if it was your land and you wanted to put cattle on it. sorry but that's just my opinion
Old 09-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

that does stink but your not gonna get any sympathy from me. i hunt public land in new jersey [:'(] but have made the best of it. you say you got 14 acres next to the piece so if your cousin rapes the land all those deer are gonna go your wa if you make it appealing to them.maybe plant some cover for them to bed in and youll be the winner.