Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ezee-Wheeze
3.45%
Buck growl
22.41%
True talker grunt
31.03%
Buck roar
3.45%
Other
29.31%
None
10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Spike

Default What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

[&:]What is the best call do you think.[&:]And please tell me why you like that call.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:30 PM

Default RE: What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

True Talker.

I've used it in the past with excellent results and I know quite a few others who have as well.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

True Talker.

I've used it in the past with excellent results and I know quite a few others who have as well.

+1
Old 09-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

I have heard talk about a call that sounds a lot like a human burp that is suppose to be the hot new deal this year. I have heard this call once a number of years ago and was wondering if anyone knew who was producing it or if it could be the growl mentioned above.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The true talker is the only call I've had any luck with of the few I've tried.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:01 PM

I killed the buck in my pic with a grunt call. After I shot the first 8- point I waited a few mins and finally after eternity,(5minutes) I got down to go find him. After I did I figured I might as well look around some as I was done hunting for the year. It was a great looking spot and I had seen alot of good deer in there. After I walked about 50 yards into the bottoms I found an old 5' deepsmall creek bottom dried up where they were cleaning up on the easy picking acorns, with rubs all down the bankline of the creek. At any rate I jumped a doe and thought wow this place is full of deer, I cant wait till next year, then I catch movement off in the background. Look with my scope and its another big buck. Well he went outta sight and I thought man what now??? OH THE GRUNT CALL!!! Until this time I only had one just to have one, it has certanly never worked for me even when watching deer they dont even look up when you try it. I figured that 90% of the time it was just a gimmick until that day. I pulled it out and made some agressive grunts and rattled a sapling. Then I heard something crashing through the woods coming right at me, then he comes busting out of the brush @ about 50 yards from me and then sees me, too late for him as I a shot quickly followed, sorry I know this isa bow forum I am just saying it seems that grunt calls only work on teritorial dominate bucks in the right mood during the rut. I beleave it was asure shotbuck grunt call. I have two calls so I am not %100 sure what I had that morning, just know it worked. I doubt I can ever say I killed two 8 points 20 mins apart. Who says gunshots ruin a hunt.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:04 PM

Primos Rubberneck - has great sound , soft quiet construction. Love it

Old 09-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Any decent multitonal grunt call is the best all around call , brand is strictly a matter of preference .
Old 09-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a True Talker and I've owned 2 others because they broke. I really like the Deer Flute from River Valley Game Calls, great sound, easy adjustable brass slide for quick changes in tone and call.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really love the true talker. I've used it for nearly 3 seasons now and have called in many deer using it.

BUT, I greatly look forward to trying the new MAD Buck Growl. I've tested it and it sounds very life like. very. we'll see soon.

Quick Reply: What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.