Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ezee-Wheeze
3.45%
Buck growl
22.41%
True talker grunt
31.03%
Buck roar
3.45%
Other
29.31%
None
10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:53 AM

Default RE: What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

True Talker baby!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Any decent multitonal grunt call is the best all around call , brand is strictly a matter of preference .
Not necessarily true, Kevin. I used several different calls made by Primos before I picked up my Tru-Talker. I didn't get any kind of reaction from the deer using the Primos calls, but the first trip I made out with the Tru-Talker I "cold called" a small buck.
Did you call in another one that day , or was the first a fluke ? Young deer are very curious and not very bright .

While I would agree that the Tru Talker is a very fine call , I have literally burped deer in to me , called them in with a cheap grunter that I bought at a flea market , and even called one in by accident while softly whistling . All calls function on one of the same two parameters , curiosity or the perception of a potential mate or intruder . BTW , I nearly got into a fight with a huge 10 pointer one morning because I accidentally made him think that I was an intruding younger buck , I had forgotten to reset the o-ring , and it was a Primos Trophy Grunter . I've used an A-Way Bow Grunter for several years now and don't carry anything else because it works well for me , but I wouldn't rule out a Tru Talker if they could just bring the price down a little lower .
Old 09-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love the sound of the buck gorwl when making subtle grunts, its the most realistic sounding grunt call i have ever purchased. Not to mention come Nov its going be growl rattle growl grun rattle

Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 PM

I like the Buck Growl