Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ezee-Wheeze
3.45%
Buck growl
22.41%
True talker grunt
31.03%
Buck roar
3.45%
Other
29.31%
None
10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:06 PM

Default RE: What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Any decent multitonal grunt call is the best all around call , brand is strictly a matter of preference .
Not necessarily true, Kevin. I used several different calls made by Primos before I picked up my Tru-Talker. I didn't get any kind of reaction from the deer using the Primos calls, but the first trip I made out with the Tru-Talker I "cold called" a small buck.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:44 PM

Default RE: What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

ORIGINAL: kansaswiderack

I have heard talk about a call that sounds a lot like a human burp that is suppose to be the hot new deal this year. I have heard this call once a number of years ago and was wondering if anyone knew who was producing it or if it could be the growl mentioned above.
Thats the buck growl alright! I just bought it today and my sisters say it sounds like I am burping. Maybe you could save the money and buy some mountain dew and belch it up in the woods. You might get the same resultsNo I think that it should work if I use it at the right time just like any call. Even if it doesnt it sure looks cool.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

knight and hale ez grunter plus called in 6 outta my 8 bucks witht that thing needless to say i love it
Old 09-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the River Valley Deer Flute. Easy to change from fawn bleats to grunts with the brass slide. Loud enough for those bucks out of range to get their attention.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tru Talker
This works better than the others and I've tried a few but the Tru Talker always bought them in.
From fawn bleats to big buck gunts and with practice , you can even mimick that buck growl .
This call work through all stages of the season pre - rut , rut and post - rut.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion it's not really the brand of call, I did like the sound of the true talker the deep grunt does sound really good. However mine broke after one season. The reed pins up and is hard to blow. I tried looking at the reed and nothing that I can see is stuck in there but it just went to hell. I did not like the size it was big enough to get in the way of everything. But good sounding call if it lasted.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:46 PM

On all the calls that I have used and or seen bieng used the easiest and best sounding seems to be the True Talker

Tim
Old 09-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dropped my true talker out of a tree last week and the reed popped out. Put it back in and I'm back in business
Old 09-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

I would say The Can by Primos. Works for me with success...
Old 09-21-2006, 11:51 PM

I like the true talker because it has a great sound to it.

Quick Reply: What deer call will have the most sucess this year this is a poll on this topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.