Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
1 eye open
47.20%
2 eyes open
52.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Do you shoot with 1 eye open, or both open?

Old 09-20-2006, 09:05 PM

Default RE: Do you shoot with 1 eye open, or both open?

I just found out that I could shoot better with both eyes open about a week or two ago. It really improved my longer yardage groups.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM

Two but then again, my left eye is basically blind. So my brain has programmed myright eye to take dominance.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:22 AM

Hello,fellow woods sitters
I shoot with both eyes open,have been since I started and alot of the people here do to,but now that I think about it,doesn't having both eyes open kinda make a person a little distracted?I mean when a person closes the left/right eye they focuse a little more on the target,don't they?It just seems like it would make alittle more sense.Don't get me wrong!I've been bowhunting with both eyes open sinse I was 16.And I now when I practice,I see things off to my left side,as well as the target!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: spottedwolf

Hello,fellow woods sitters
I shoot with both eyes open,have been since I started and alot of the people here do to,but now that I think about it,doesn't having both eyes open kinda make a person a little distracted?I mean when a person closes the left/right eye they focuse a little more on the target,don't they?It just seems like it would make alittle more sense.Don't get me wrong!I've been bowhunting with both eyes open sinse I was 16.And I now when I practice,I see things off to my left side,as well as the target!
that can be true, but you can get distracted with 1 eye closed too, you just need to consentrate on what your shooting at and stare just at your target with both eyes,
Old 09-21-2006, 10:43 AM

I shoot with 1 eye open. I have a question, do you usea peep site with both eyes? my guess would be no.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use a peep with both open
Old 09-21-2006, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Wave

I shoot with 1 eye open. I have a question, do you usea peep site with both eyes? my guess would be no.
Yes. Your dominate eye will see through the peep.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

I've tried both eyes open, but the sights were blurred. I may give it another try though. I've also tried it with my rifle, but couldn't see through the scope.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

whats the reasoning behind both eyes open?
Humans have stereo binocular vision , which is crucial to judging distance and for proper depth perception . I shoot instinctive with a recurve , if I close one eye I might as well put the bow away because I wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn from inside it .
Old 09-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both eyes open for me as well. very rarely ill get this crazy double vision thing going on and have to close my left eye and open it back up.

Anyone ever shoot with both eyes closed into a mound of dirt to concentrate on form.. i do this from a tree stand when practicing often... it has really helped me.

Quick Reply: Do you shoot with 1 eye open, or both open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.