Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lighted arrow nock?

Old 09-19-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Lighted arrow nock?

After seeing videos of hunters using lighted nocks in the field, I bought one the other day at Wal*Mart that is made by Carbon Express. My arrows are made by the same manufacturer, so I know the nock I just bought matches the nocks I use now. Anyways for my first shot at a deer, I would like to use my lighted nock. (I only bought one) My question is, how do I install it to the arrow? I didn't see instructions anywhere on the package. Thanks in advance for any help,
Nina
Old 09-19-2006, 06:23 PM

Default RE: Lighted arrow nock?

Remove old nock, install new nock. Nothing to it. Just remember you've added a few grains to the tail of your arrow.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The old one should pull out fairly easy with a pair of pliers. The new one should push right into the end of the shaft.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, be gentle with the battery part of the nock. The only ones that I've seen not work had the battery connection damaged. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should just pull out and push in like the others said. This will change how your arrow will fly, more so at longer 30+ yard distances.

Check out your last post for the pics. I left you.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Nina,
The last couple seasons I have been making my own lighted nocks using the Thill bobber replacement battery.They work great and are easy to make.Much cheaper too!!!!
Darrall
Old 09-20-2006, 09:43 AM

I would practice with that nock. I bought one, and I've found that once I get past 20 yards it starts to drop faster than my other arrows. At 30 yards it shoots a few inches low and at 40 it is about eight iches low. I was pretty excited to shoot a deer with one until I realized this. I've decided not to use it because I am willing to shoot up to forty yards and I don't want to try to guess where I need to aim. If you sight in using those nocks or only take shots up to 20 yards you should be ok though.