Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned

Default Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Just shooting my bow tonite and I had this Beman ICS 400 disentegrate as I shot it!!! I had just shot two other rounds and the arrow wasn't damaged that I knew of. Luckily nothing happened to me, a small piece of debris hit me in the face. My sight is trashed though. I have seen pics of people having this happen to them but after using carbons for 4 years this is my 1st incident. The rear half of the arrow shot upwards into the air hitting tree limbs and the other half shot forward a few feet. This could have easily put an eye out or sent carbon into my hand.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:27 PM

Default RE: Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Holy moly! That is scary. Makes me want to go and check my arrows right now. Glad you are ok.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you're okay. The same thing happened to me this summer with a Carbon Express CX 300. Scared the crap out of me!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

wow !!

glad you made it out alive !
Old 09-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang! Glad you weren't hurt. I bet those carbon/aluminums are sounding good about now.

Was it the Tribute or Trykon?
I guess this makes picking which bow to use an easier decision until the sights are replaced.

When I saw the thread titleI was hoping it was anything other then beman ICS 400's (although mine are blacks) .
I wonderif the camo finish was hiding the flaw?
Old 09-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

man you are lucky
Old 09-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Banned

It was my Trykon. I just turned the weight down to 63# this last weekend. I was wanting to put a Black Gold Radiant sight on like I have on my Tribute as the pins are so much brighter than the fuse. I would have liked to have sold the fuse though. Yea Dave, the aluminum/carbon combo arrows have sparked my attention after this episode.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DaveC
When I saw the thread titleI was hoping it was anything other then beman ICS 400's (although mine are blacks) .
I wonderif the camo finish was hiding the flaw?
Wow...Man, you are LUCKY!!! I've seen the photos of a blown up carbon arrow imbedded in some dude's hand!

Like DaveC mentioned, I too shoot Beman ICS arrows... Now I'm going to really check them out carefully!

Butch A.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:10 PM

Same thing turned me into a diehard A/C/C fan! An older style Beman (made in France) blew up on me during a 3-D shoot. I had a brand new dozen a/c/c's the next morning and I haven't looked back. Glad you're all right.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

wow

Quick Reply: Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.