Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

I'm wondering what the cause was? I only shoot carbon arrows and now I'm wondering why something like this would happen?
Old 09-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

HCH - I had a Beman ICS blow up on me once. Like you, I was lucky and didn't get hurt.

Finally, about four years ago, I regained the courage to go back to carbon arrows - Gold Tip XT - which have performed flawlessly.

I will never shoot a beman arrow again, and that buck should send a personal Thank-You letter to the good people at Beman.
Don't be to "quick" silver. I had an xt blow up on me this past year. When talking to my supplier he told me last year they had more incidents of xt's doing that than ever. As luck would have it I switched to ics hunters and now the hunter elites. Oh well.

I noticed a change in the sound as I pulled that arrow across the rest. Made me stop and look at the arrow to see if it was still on the rest, it was and I released. Boom.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very glad to here your ok!
But with all this talk of carbon arrows blowing up I may go back to aluminium[&:].
Old 09-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hardcore why were you shooting the 400? I'm thinking based on what I've read about you that at yourDL and the weight of the bow (just a guess) you should have been using the 340.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Banned

nodog, my arrow is 28'' and my poundage is 63#. That calls for a 400. Beman's arrow chart ,as published in Cabelas, shows a 340 when you reach a 31'' arrow in the 60-65# range. 27''-30'' is suppossed to be a 400 in the 60-65# weight.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:44 PM

Glad to hear that it turned out ok. I almost shot a cracked one the other night but luckily found the crack.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Well today I went out and bought a dozen of Easton A/C/C 3-49 carbon/aluminum arrows. I fletched one up and I have never seen an arrow shoot as accurately and perform like this arrow did for the last hour while I shot it!!!!! I am impressed to say the least!!! I can hit a gnats A$$ at 30 yds and at 40yds it was just the norm for the arrow to stay inside of a baseball diameter like it was on a string. Of course at $140 a dozen they had better perform. I feel better about this arrow over carbon for safety.
I put a Black Gold Radiant sight with skycoil technology on it. I have this same sight on my Tribute and it is by far the brightest 4 pin sight on the market.[/align]
Old 09-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

hardcore - glad to see your back an shooting! I'm pretty pumpd up, season opens Saturday!!! I've to a 150" deer workin one of my stand locations pretty hard right now. Saturday evening he may be in for a surprise.....[8D]
Old 09-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Banned

Good luck to ya Rammer!!! I am pumped too!!! I have to wait till the 1st here in IA though.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

nodog, my arrow is 28'' and my poundage is 63#. That calls for a 400. Beman's arrow chart ,as published in Cabelas, shows a 340 when you reach a 31'' arrow in the 60-65# range. 27''-30'' is suppossed to be a 400 in the 60-65# weight.
Thought you may have been up a little bit an a couple inches longer. Glad you like the new shafts. I'm with you, no big deal that they are at that price.

According to bemans a shaft in your weight (62-66)29 inches should use a 340. Sounds like you were right on the line.

Quick Reply: Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.