Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Wow hch, glad you and the Mrs is alright, never know what could have happened.

Thanks for sharing with the pics, really brings perspectives to it. So what's next? Gun shy or are you going to continue with ICS's....personally I shot the 340's....Now ACC's.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:53 PM

scares me silly!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad no one is hurt. Wow i bet that was scary.got me thinking and im not accusing so dont get me wrong. I have noticed people shooting Grouped arrows with broadheads. Im wondering if sometimes small cuts are being inflicted in the carbon shafts from broadhead contact. Just a thought!!
Dan
Old 09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow. glad to hear your ok. thats crazy. ill need new arrows by next year...think ill go with ACCs...im guessing they wont do that??

bloodcreek...very good point. i was shooting BHs the other evening. i put up my cardboard deer cutout(couldnt afford a 3d this year after buying a bow and stand etc...) so i use that....i was walking around the back yard and shooting at angles and unknown distances with my BHs. i was 25yds..let one go..right into the pocket. walked a liiiitle to the left..couldnt see my last arrow..figured it passed through. when i shoot multiples i aim a little off. figured it passed through so i shot at the same spot i like to shoot. CRACK. uhtoh. i sent a muzzy into the back of my other shaft! it didnt pass through, i just couldnt see it for some reason. if i wasnt at an angle it would been a perfect robinhood. but i was at an angle and the head naild the shaft just below the fletchings and it blew up. another arrow down the drain. atleast i know my broadheads group good and shoot where i want them too

becareful guys....check them arrows.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

Scary, I'm with everyone else and am glad no one was hurt. What poundage are you pulling?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Glad no one is hurt. Wow i bet that was scary.got me thinking and im not accusing so dont get me wrong. I have noticed people shooting Grouped arrows with broadheads. Im wondering if sometimes small cuts are being inflicted in the carbon shafts from broadhead contact. Just a thought!!
Dan
I rarely shoot groups as I have a bunch of different targets in my archery range to shoot and arrows are expensive and I hate ruining one by hitting or nicking one. I was shooting fieldtips and had just shot this arrow not 5 minutes earlier and I had not shot groups so why it gave out I don't know? I am going to make the switch to the carbon/aluminum arrows though. Aluminum bend too often for my liking and after the incident tonight I realize how lucky I am. Our 4 year old boywas playing behind me and he could have been hurt as well as me. These modern compounds are really zinging an arrow and I believe it's time to check out the aluminum/carbon combinations.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Count your lucky stars!! Glad you are OK. Those camo arrows look cool but ..... I think they do tend to hide a "crack" that you may otherwise see or even hearon a black shaft. I would rather dress my arrows up with some colorful vanes and nocks than have the camo . Just my little ol opinion. Inspect it and Flex it.
Too scary. Be careful.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious if anyone has has a woven carbon blow up? Seems they would be less likely to blow up than a directionally wrapped arrow.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Is the fuse completely trashed?
or will replacing just the pins make it resalable?
I don't know Dave, I suppose it can be repaired.I sent Easton pics tonight. I was polite to them and did not ask them to replace or repair; thought I would see if they offer. I just asked them if they would like to have the arrow sent to them. Easton owns Beman and I was shooting a Hoyt bow which is Easton and my quiver is a Fuse as well as my sight which is also owned by Hoyt/Easton so they know that I spend $ with them.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:03 PM

Glad to hear all is o.k. I call it like I see it, I was going to buy a dozen arrows today because I am way over-spined with my 400's. Shop didn't have anything in stock, so I did not buy yet. Now I am going to research the A/C/C's. Not scared, just cautious, and if I can eliminate a potential for me or my 5 kids.....well.

Thank you for posting this info and the pics. You have done many many people a great service today and you may have saved a life even.... maybe even mine.

Hunters are great people.

Quick Reply: Carbon arrow just blew up on me!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.