Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent

Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default scent

woudn't subordinate buck lure work better than dominate buck lure ? my thinking is that if the dominate buck lure was taken from a 4year old 10 point and the largest deer on the hill is a two year old 6 point the six point would run away from the lure thinking he would get his but kicked am I right ?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: scent

Oh Good I get to ask my annual question, it's never truely been answered.

How can a buck tell dominant urine from subordinate urine, without having ever been around the donor buck? I contend that they can't! Urine is urine, buck urine is buck urine. Now if the buck actually say, had his butt kicked by another buck in person, I believe they could identify that dominant bucks urine and avoid him.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: scent

You would think so , but they still sell a lot of dominant lure every year .
The next time you take a young buck keep the pee and tarsals frozen until the following year to simulate an intruder at a scrape line , it should drive the local dominant buck insane trying to catch him . Perhaps if an elixer of the pee and tarsal were to be hung in a dripper so that Mr. Big would stay out awhile longer after sunrise ? Nyah , nyah , nyah , nyah , nyah !