Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Im a big softy...

Old 09-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Im a big softy...

No problems with that man, that just goes to show that you respect the animal and care more about enjoying the outdoors than the harvest sometimes.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Well I cant honestly say Im any different. I feel your pain. Ive had at least 30 fawns/does within 20 yards the first 3 days of the season and must be getting soft in my old age I havent even picked up my bow yet on any of them. Ive also had some decent bucks within range and am just enjoying sitting in my tree watching all the deer interact, feed, be on alert, etc ... I wont hesitate to take a doe when Im ready, nor will I hesitate to shoot at a big buck if hes one Im willing to harvest

One of the coolest things I saw was a little spike watching a bigger buck, rub a tree from 50 or so yards away. He watched from a distance very intently. Once the big boy moved on, the little spike ran over to the same tree and started doing his best at tearing it up, bucking and jumping as he ran off behind the bigger buck, he thought he was the MAN when no one was watching, was pretty funny.

Now, that would be cool to have on video!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Who says that bow hunters are ruthless, to bad the antihunters cant read this stuff. although if they did they probably wouldnt admit to it.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like watching them to. I have let them walk many times too.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I DON'T BLAME YOU A BIT, IT'S EARLY YET.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Fantastic hunt.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

Last year I was watching a couple fawns milling around my stand for 20-30 minutes. They worked their way behind me up on the hill. I was watching ahead of me and about 35 yrds I saw a squirrel dart up at tree. Then I saw the mother heading my way. My first instinct was to grab the bow, but I seen the fawns start heading for her. 20 yrds right in front of me they both start suckling on her, one on each side. The only shot I had of her was while they were doing this (so I passed). After they stopped she was gone quick. They hung around for a short while and then off to find her. It sure was something to just watch.

I totally agree, Hunting isn't always about filling the tag!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:20 PM

I feel the same man, last week i was setting in the stand, and some does and fawns came threw, knowing i had a doe tag to fill, but i let em walk, the fawns could have made it on there own, but i rather set there and watch them, just being in the outdoors and in my treestand is what its all about, i figured that i will have plenty of time to fill my tags later on in the season

good luck
Old 09-25-2006, 04:23 AM
Spike

Been there and did just that. I just took up hunting 3 years ago and I will always enjoy just sitting in the woods and watching.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

an award winning post, isnt that right greg mo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.