Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

virgin hunter

Old 09-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: virgin hunter

I had plenti of friends help me to learn how to shot a bow how to prepare and how to hunt. I researched a lot on my own to. I hunted alone, killed my first deer tracket it gutted it alone (noone would come out on a rainy sunday night to help) Later a older gentleman i know showed me how to skin a d butcher him too. Novce hunters do not need someone in the stand with them that's a bad idea they need help support encouragement but at last they need to do it themselves! Hunting deer especially bowhunting is a solitary endevour.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: virgin hunter

My suggestion would be to take him out preseason scouting. Watch him and take note of his habits. If he sits there calm and doesn't move around, I don't think you will have a problem with him. On the other hand, if he moves around alot, tell him that there isn't a good spot for him.

Snake123, where do you live at? If he is local to me, I can take him out scouting with me and show him some does and don'ts.