Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Kansas
17.78%
Georgia
0%
Alabama
0.74%
Texas
2.22%
Arkansa
1.48%
Utah
0%
Illinois
39.26%
Kentucky
1.48%
Colorado
2.96%
Other (explain)
34.07%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Dream state to buck hunt in?

Old 09-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dream state to buck hunt in?

I clicked OTHER.. Saskatchewan
Old 09-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

I would like to hunt in Montana and Colorado as much for the scenery as anything else.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt Pike county, Illinois for several weeks every year, so I will pick another location for my dream whitetail spot........

Kansas or Iowa.........hopefully both.
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to Pike county for a once in a lifetime hunt. HOWEVER, Illinois is second in my book behind Saskatchewan. I'd rather hunt the huge remote northern woods than Illinois.

There are so many outfitters in Illinois that it seems like the bucks reach maturity because all the outfitters manage the deer herd to maximize their profits. In Saskatchewan, it seems like the bucks reach maturity because there's little hunting pressure. It just seems more "natural" that way.
Dominant Buck

I clicked other because I haven't seen a better place to hunt then a state over run with deer and thats Md. Where else can you go and see 150+ class bucks 30% of the time. I will admit last year was the first in many I didn't have that run rate. This year I hope to be back up there.

If it was a dream place I would go it would be Saskatchewan
Old 09-16-2006, 02:47 AM
Host of Hosts

Iowa for me!
Old 09-16-2006, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I voted "Other" because my choice is right where I live , Indiana .
I have a lifetime license , so I can hunt here for free for the rest of my life and even write my own tags . Add to that the fact that I live right in the middle of a game crossroads , so all I have to do is roll out of bed , get dressed , and walk as little as 50 yards to a good blind , or 150 yards at maximum , and deer come to me . If I take a short drive I can enter a national forest for $4 per day where I can walk in a mile or two and see bucks that are scary huge and have rarely even seen a human . Another short drive will get me to another stretch of that forest where there are also great bucks , but the place gets almost no pressure because they don't allow motorized vehicles . Trundle yourself in on one of the fire roads dragging a deer cart behind your mountain bike and you could realistically find yourself packing out a state record buck with a little bit of effort on your part .

Sometimes goldmines are right under your nose .
Old 09-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

I have to stick with my home state of Iowa! I am lucky to have lived here most of my life. My second choice is Kansas in the states, or Ontario Canada. I have hunted Ontario twice, and the whitetails are massive. It is tough hunting, but well worth it when you are successful.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think Iowa and Saskatchewan should have been in the pole, as stated above that would be my choice besides my home state. Pike Co. IL is great but there are so many outfitters and hunters, I'm telling you right now that the entire state is capable of producing record book deer.. I see it every year...
Northern MO is another good spot.. Pike Co. MO right across the river from Pike, IL has some great deer too.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:10 AM

Kansas and north oklahoma have some real nice ones and i'll show you one ,when deer season opens here

Quick Reply: Dream state to buck hunt in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.