Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What weather keeps you inside?

Old 09-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What weather keeps you inside?

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

The only thing is Thunder Storms with Lightning & HEAVY rain!!!!!! I don't mind any other weather, I just love being able to hunt!!!
Same here........
Old 09-15-2006, 06:42 PM

There you have it

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Over 90 degrees, pouring down rain are about it. Tornadoes are bad too.
Tim
Old 09-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very windy days and Pouring Rain. Today was the exception, I thought it was supposed to clear up, but I ended up in a monsoon. All of my gear is soaked, trying to get ready for tomorrow but I think I'm going to be sitting in a wet climber...
Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

illl hutn in anything except lightning i have hunted in a hrricane until the blind blew away (true story) and hunted in the rain two days ago all afternoon and come to find out the blind has a leak[:'(]
Old 09-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wind never affects me, I just change hunting methods--definately don't want to sit in a tree swaying back and forth like a cattail. Stalking can be good during a heavy wind.

I Don't really want to sit in a LASTING heavy downpour however. I've seen some of the biggest bucks when the weather was bad
Old 09-15-2006, 09:29 PM

Rain, makes it too hard to track deer. I hunted gun season last year in the pouring rain. I was in a blind so I didn't care, I didn't get wet. However I shot a deer at dusk with my slug gun and it ran off. Shortly after shooting it the heavens opened up and it rained like crazy. No blood trail or sign where I shot it, everything had been washed away in a matter of minutes. I saw where it went in the woods so I started looking there. Had two other guys help me look for a few hours in the heavy rain. We could hardly see. We gave up and came back in the morning. I found it right where we were looking. I am suprised we didn't trip over it.

I will not hunt in the rain after that. And I won't sit in a stand during the rain either. I am just not that dedicated of hunter. I do it for enjoyment, not because I need to. And sitting in the rain for hours is not my idea of fun. Plus I can't afford to get sick.

Snow and wind don't bother me much though, unless it is REALLY cold. I don't hunt the late season unless I'm in a blind with a heater. I know, I'm a wuss, but I can live with it.

Paul
Old 09-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have a shooting house I can hunt out of if it is raining but I absolutley hate the wind.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

heat and lightning. nothing worse than south texas heat when you want to do anything outside.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:29 AM

tunder storms and a heavy down-pour[:'(]
Old 09-16-2006, 05:17 AM

Crappy SE wind, like the one that is blowing right now.

Quick Reply: What weather keeps you inside?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.