Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A "thanks" / Lessons Learned / Importance of the responses

Old 09-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: A "thanks" / Lessons Learned / Importance of the responses

Nutter/ampa:

I've read Rob's post in the sticky portion of the page about "after the shot". Its a great read.....and we tried to weigh all of our options. The ONLY thing I could have done differently (that I WILL in the future).....is wait in stand a little longer. I did have the rain coming, though.....which influenced my decision.

I had a person, whose hunting knowledge I respect, tell me about the LED lights. These aren't the ONLY lights I have......but I DO have them, now.

I WILL be purchasing.......no.....I HAVE a coleman dual fuel lantern.....that I'll get geared up for use. I really appreciate the suggestions for this yesterday AND today.

Jeff
Old 09-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: A "thanks" / Lessons Learned / Importance of the responses

Jeff, Rock on and thanks, you did everything you could, your teaching/learning for yourself and your son/and friend. We couldn't ask for more. When the dogs couldn't find anything and labs are well known for finding wounded deer as well ( with training) I doubt this particular animal is down. Watch for him. I have othe recommendations for lights but I won't go into them right now, it's referenced from my blood tracking books and breeder through years of experience handling dogs at night on wounded deer and bear.

Keep up the great work teammate.