Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weather Forecast this Fall???

Old 09-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Weather Forecast this Fall???

I hope its cooler than last year. It stayed in the 90s here, clear up into the Dec.[:@][:@][:@]
Old 09-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Site Buck Guru

Lighter towards morning and darker towards evening.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:30 PM

All I know is next Tuesday, it's gonna be hi 62 low 42 here in MO. You can bet I'll be hunting.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could check a Farmers Almanic , they been right on the money most of the time.
We still have that indian summer coming around soon but I'm hoping for cooler temps this year.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pssshtt. Our weather guy couldn't predict what the weather was foryesterday, today.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:00 PM

Lewiston, ME: After a brutally hot summer in most of the country, cool news is on the way. The new edition of the Farmers’ Almanac, which blows into town every year around the end of August, contains some chilly predictions for the upcoming winter.

"Shivery is not dead” reveals the 2007 Farmers’ Almanac, alluding to its winter weather forecast. “While global warming has taken up much of our attention (as well as news coverage), our winter predictions are pointing towards widespread cold from coast to coast, especially for the western sections of the country,” shares Peter Geiger, Philom., Editor. Geiger continues, “The cold may not be as frigid as 30 or 40 years ago, but we do expect this to be the coldest winter we’ve seen for quite a few years.” And, after last year’s unusual warmth, this chill might make winter harder than usual.

The 2007 Farmers’ Almanac, released August 28, 2006, predicts the frigid temperatures, as much as 20 degrees below seasonal norms (and nearly 40 degrees colder than last winter), for Montana, the Dakotas and parts of Wyoming. For the Gulf Coast up through New England, unseasonably cold, or “shivery,” conditions are expected.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I know is when I went to Alberta last season expecting cold and possibly some snow, it wasunusually warmwithout snow the second week of Nov, in fact one day it was actually 70degrees until a clipper came through and it dropped into the upper 40s. This surely effects daytime rut activity!Welcome to global warming!
Hopefully it will be colder this season, we'll see.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

Here is what the Famers Almanac is showing. I hope its right for the most part.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: finner

From what i heard it supposed to be warmer than normal again this fall MB.

The NOAA national Weather service website also thinks so:

THE TEMPERATURE OUTLOOK FOR SEP-OCT-NOV (SON) 2006 CALLS FOR WARMER THAN NORMAL CONDITIONS OVER MOST OF THE U.S. WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER. ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES ARE ALSO EXPECTED ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES - NEW ENGLAND AND THE FLORIDA PENINSULA AS WELL AS THE EASTERN HALF OF ALASKAS SOUTHERN COASTLINE. ELSEWHERE THERE ARE EQUAL CHANCES OFWARMER-THAN... COOLER-THAN... OR NEAR- NORMAL TEMPERATURES DURING SON.

I use that site quite often and find it to be pretty accurate here's the link for anyone interested..
www.nws.noaa.gov
We use this radar at work since my job pretty much revolves around the weather. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/Conus/full_loop.php

Its good to see where the rain is heading.