Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What makes a shop a "good" shop?

Old 09-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What makes a shop a "good" shop?

The shop I go to is first class also (BlueRidge Backwoods, Monticello Illinois). They have a huge inventory of bows to shoot, two ranges plus techno hunt, great service people, plus a factor that I feel is often overlooked, is the fact that the place is kept very clean and they have lots of lights. So many of the older shops are just dingy dumps these days that its nice to go into a place and not need a miner's hat to find your way around. The age question is an interesting one I think. The guys at my shop are all prety young, down to 22 I believe and they are as good as they get as far as bow set-up and tuning.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:39 AM

Default RE: What makes a shop a "good" shop?

Actually, I've found that younger techs often are more eager to get things right. So seeing a bunch of young guys (or gals) wouldn't bother me at all.

A good shop is one where:
Techs/salespeople know their stuff AND/OR are interested in learning.
They listen to the customer.
They are as committed to helping the customer obtain the results that he/she is looking for.

I don't mind paying for service on my bow or paying a little more for products if I know I'm going to get the right things done right.