Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHA & Farbman on the Daily Show

Old 09-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WHA & Farbman on the Daily Show

I actually thought it was hilarious! I'm not at all offended by this video and don't think it showed negatively on hunters. It did however make the WHA look ridiculous which was The Daily Show's main intent. I love the Daily Show and am still laughing about the "I don't like to be stumped, next question please".

Farbman was obviously not prepared for this which is beautiful!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

It did poke at hunters in a bad light kind of way which we all knew was going to happen, like was said, it's the freakin Daily Show. If you remember, we purposely made a stance, well many of us made a stance to all hunters not to do the show for the exact reason you view now. I remember many hunters here wishing they could be on it to put hunting in a good light, the producers were never going to let that happen. As much of a bad light they did put on hunting in general, they really did slam Farbman and the WHA, they made the whole darting, non lethal joke exactly that!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would he do that interview?? You know he has seen The Daily Show before. WOW is about all I can say to that. I loved when he was like "The WHA can be huntings NASCAR" like that even makes any sense. I did find the lapdance amusingthough (that Destiny is a very "intelligent" young lady). I didn't like the other guys title, Farbman was a Non-fatal Hunter and the other guy was Fatal Hunter. Don't like the lumping together aspect of the interview, us with them. Also thats the first time I've ever seen Farbman speak other that the rehearsed promo on the WHA site and boy did he shine. He is very well spoken and articulate.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He babbled and muttered some cliche lines the WHA already put out and got stumped by questions someone even remotely intelligent could have probably answered. Was he trying to convince people?? He sounded like a bad used car salesman trying to selll a car he knew nothing about.If he isa cut-throat businessman I'm Superman. I know I'm rambling I just can't even believe that clip. If his career asa Businessmanever flounders I'm sure hecould get a job with NASA. They need some more chimps for their simulators.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think Farbman thought Perky Katey Curic was going to do the interview.

That would of really looked bad for us hunters if Ted "The Nuge" wouldn't have showed up with hissmooth & polish presentation supporting all hunters.

Tedand Farbman together as Dumb & Dumber Hunting America. A must see for all antis!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: gutshotem

The sad part is that when people see this---they see him as a hunter, just like all of us. They see a guy in the woods with a camo shirt on and mounted deer in his den. We realize how much of an idiot he is but all of the anti's or nonhunters will group us together.
Which is exactly how we'll be viewed once the WHA is aired.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: gutshotem

The sad part is that when people see this---they see him as a hunter, just like all of us. They see a guy in the woods with a camo shirt on and mounted deer in his den. We realize how much of an idiot he is but all of the anti's or nonhunters will group us together.
Which is exactly how we'll be viewed once the WHA is aired.
Unfortunately, you are probably right. And no I am not following you. j/k
Old 09-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't let this one interview on a comedy show get you down.Everything on that show is a joke. Their job is to make people look stupid and if theyweren't good at it, they wouldn't still be on the air. All we can do is to continue to be responsible, ethical sportsman who helpeducate others on what hunting is as well as nurture the growth of the sport bygetting others out in the woods and teaching them how to be good ethical sportsmen and women. It is like the saying goes, "Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
Old 09-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience
Perfect!!! Well put, bumper sticker material!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:38 PM

It could have been a lot worse, for hunters anyhow. Farbman on the other hand looked like a total moron. I thought for a minute that it was actually Adam Sandler doing his Happy Gilmore bit.

When did that air? I have some liberal freak friends that watch that show and I know that when they see it I'll be hearing about it.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:45 PM

"Isn't NASCAR already the NASCAR of hunting?" That freakin cracks me up right there.

Yeah, that other guy didn't make us look very good either, but like others said, what do you expect from that show.

Paul

Quick Reply: WHA & Farbman on the Daily Show

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.