Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
65.22%
No
27.17%
No plants in my area.
1.09%
I dont know.
6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Are you allergic to poison ivy?

Old 09-11-2006, 08:30 PM

Default RE: Are you allergic to poison ivy?

I've heard of an old Indian cure that if you eat a leaf, then you'll never get it again. Personally I think its bs, and I dont want to try it because I could see my self layedupin the hospital for a few weeks
That must have been one brave indian to try that, no way you would think that your throat would swell up and close off your airway.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

I work for the phone company and the #1 workers comp claim is posion Ivy rash, guys have had to go to the hospital. I still to this day have never had it so I'll assume I'm not allergic
Old 09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I get it if I look at it wrong! I climb trees for a living and I'm near it all the time. Best cure is know what it looks like and avoid it. Alwaysthree leaves, but not always shiny!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to be extemely allergic to poison Ivy. I would get it if i even looked at it. And when I got it, it would be all over me within a couple days. But since I have gotten older it hasn't been that bad. I may get a small rash but it doesnt seem to spread
Old 09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

i break out 4 times in 20 years
Old 09-11-2006, 09:13 PM

Yes, but not too bad. My kinda GF's sister gets it something wicked though. Really the worse I have ever seen ANYBODY get it. Looked itchy.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:35 PM

I sure am, its been a few years, but i have got it on my face twice from wiping sweat off.. One time my eyes were swollen completly shut. Could barely open them enough to see.. That was miserable. Anyone else itching just thinking about it?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had poison ivy on one part of my body since turkey season in April and I do right now.

This summer I actually started doing the series of shots to make you more "immune" to it, but I spaced out a few of them and apparently...it didn't help. I currently have it on the back of my right leg, my right arm, and just got rid of it on my left arm.

At least it stayed off of my face this time.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've gotten it very badly. Terrible stuff. Since I know how I get it all over I haven't for some years. It gets on your clothes and boots and stays there for days. You have to peelyour clothesoff so that it doesn't touch your skin. Wash your hands well and take a shower. Wash twice in the shower and dry well afrer getting out. Have someone wash your clothes and leave the boots out for a week or wash well after you put them on next. Never touch yourself when you think you've been in it, anywhere. Believe me when I say anywhere. You don't want it where I've had it.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:03 PM

Paddles , get exposed to it enough and will get it. Everybody has a sensitivity level and everytime you are exposed you become a little bit more sensitive to it not immune. So don't eat any leaves or any other BS. Just remember get close enough long enough and some day you will. From that point on you will know what the rest of us already know.

Quick Reply: Are you allergic to poison ivy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.