Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pants tucked in/out of boots?

Old 09-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pants tucked in/out of boots?

You guys wear pants? LOL

Untucked

Old 09-11-2006, 02:32 PM

Rubber boots tucked in.. Keeps out ticks and shiggers and you dont worry about what you walk through..
Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

As far as the Scent thing goes, I think it's a push but I lean towards tucking them in if nothing else to help keep out ticks. If you have your pants out the tops of your boots are not as tight. Just the movement of your toes or feet while walking pushes stink up from your boots like a big old bellows. With your pants tucked in and boots reasonably tight I think the air flow from your boots is probably LESS. I tuck 'em in.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

For warm weather I put the pants over the boots so my scentlok can contain the smell plus it's cooler that way. For cold weather I tuck em in for the extra warmth. I'll also tuck them in if I have to walk through wateror wet grassjust to keep my pants dry.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm an untucker, I get funny looks from the "does" when I go have a beer with my pant legs tucked in my boots.

Okay, not really but the real reason stems from a story... so here it is:

One hot hot hot summer day in south texas we were building fence and a barn in our rubber boots. Long story shortI sweated profusely all day long. I had my pants tucked in my boots because it was a little muddy. As we were eating lunch, I noticed an extremely pungent odor, yes it my feet and the smell was coming from inside my boots. The next day I put my pant legs over my boots for noother reason than it was more comfortableand I never smelled my feet again. Also I decided that if the water is deeper than my boots... my feet are getting wet anyway so it doesn't matter.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done both, now I untuck them. See the same amount of deer though, albeit in my area scent containment isn't a big need.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sky_guy_61

It is too hot in GA to prevent my scent.. so the only thing I am concerned about is keeping chiggers out. I tuck em in.
same here except i'm in forida.

but see i wear knee high snake boots and i'm usually going through water so it keeps my pants from getting soaked and it looks kinda goofy having pants over tall boots.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

untucked, with scent-lok suit to absorb the smell. I also spray my boots, legs and socked feet (and shirt, and hands, and head, etc.) with no-scent stuff. I rarely get scented, even if the wind is the worng direction.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definately in the rubber boots. I don't like having my pants brushing up against vegetation.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Up until this year, I tucked my pants into my boots, but this year will be my first year with a new leafy suit, so I will have that over the outside of the boot.

Quick Reply: Pants tucked in/out of boots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.