Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pants tucked in/out of boots?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pants tucked in/out of boots?

ORIGINAL: kenman

I am a former Marine...just doesn't feel right to have the pants untucked.
Semper Fi, I still have a bunch of boot bands from when I was inand I use those to blouse my pants. It just feels right. When were you in? We were not allowed to tuck them in our boots, had to be bloused with boot bands. As for the pants acting as a wick, who knows, but I do know that if you stay down wind or far enough above them, you will be fine.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: treehunter

So do you tuck your jeans into your tennis shoes too? You jarheads...I'm just kidding. I was in the Army so I had to give you some crap.
It's all good treehugger...I tuck the jeans, you guys tuck your shirts into your tidy-whities
Old 09-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

I always wear mine outside, don't know why. I don't think if you tuck them in they will wick. Just my opinion
Old 09-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pants IN!!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Semper Fi, I still have a bunch of boot bands from when I was inand I use those to blouse my pants. It just feels right. When were you in? We were not allowed to tuck them in our boots, had to be bloused with boot bands.
ooh rah, Devil-Dog!! I actually wear rubber bands as blouses...but I didn't think anyone would understand what boot-blouses were. I was in 85-91...29 palms, Camp Foster in Okinawa, Camp Pendleton...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how the Marines did, but in the Army Infantry in extreme heat we unbloused our boots for circulation.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your pants are a carbon based scent containment variety,ie.Scent-lok etc. leave the pant untucked the carbon at the boot top is supposed to adsorb the odor. If on the other hand you don't believe in these types of clothes then tuck em in to prevent some scent from escaping. Never heard of the wicking effect but in rubber boots untucked you can feeal the air moving around you leg. You could aso wear gaiters to seal it all up.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 PM

In my opinion, every time you take a step with rubber boots, a puff of scent is pushed out the top of your boots. I wear my scentblocker pantleg over my rubber boots, this way the inside boot scent is contained.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been a lot like you; I've always tucked my pant legs in for scent control in case I bump against brush or when walking through tall grass. I've always played mental ping-pong with myself though when it came to untucking my pants... on one hand, I want to as I want my camo pattern to come down and conceal the last couple feet of me, but on the other, I'm afraid to untuck them after a long walk in to my stand and then I'd be allowing the sweat out easier.

I usually just leave them in.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm suprised so many tuck them in.

I've always left my pant legsout, and then secure them around my boots on the outside. It keeps the rain and dirt out of my boots. This past weekend it rained on me all day, and I had to walk over a mile through tall weeds, to get to the stand. I couldn't imagine having my pants tucked in, in those type of conditions. My feet would feel miserably wet with weeds and dirt, unless I had the "Overhang Roofing" effect, by leaving the pant, over my boots.

Quick Reply: Pants tucked in/out of boots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.