Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is he a shooter???

Old 09-10-2006, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Is he a shooter???

What a stupid question. Of course he ISNT a shooter... Better let him go 2 more years. LOL
J/K

You gonna get him mounted if you get him?
GOOD LUCK
Old 09-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Angus, I know I saw that one jumping your fence and going into my property this weekend. LOL
I wish.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:29 PM

Greg/MO I have been wanting to get the book you are talking about,, Ive read a lot of Higgins stuff and always enjoy reading his stuff,, and just havent got the book yet.. The first oftwo encounters Ive had with him are at a pond on oct 1 year before last about 100 yards or less from where these pics are takenhe cam in to drink as a 125 inch 10 with a couple stickers off the bases,, he stood broadside at 40 yds and I didnt shoot because I was waiting for him to come to the waters edge,, he never did and when he turned to go back the way he came I didnt have time for a shot.. Then last year on the day before MO rifle season he came through a shooting lane at 10 yards and I was at full draw with the pin on him but he wouldnt stop, and I wouldnt try with him moving even at 10 yards,, so he went on out of sight.. That was on the opposite end of the area I can hunt, about 3/4 of a mile away from the pond,, but when season opens up, he tends to move to the back of the property where the pressure is less, and he stays all winter, and I get pics of him often then,, last year he was a 140 class 10 with still a few stickers around the bases,, but he broke his main beam during rifle season. I think I may have a chance at him, if I can play it smart, my biggest obstacle is a 16 year old nephew who is starting to hunt and thinks he knows how to do everything, and wont let anyone tell him anything,, but he also dont know about the buck either,, so hopefully girls will keep him out of the woods this year until he wants to be more serious.. Thanks for the input guys,, I wish I had someone nearby to hlep unravel his pattern, our place is hard to hunt, it is all timber and has clearcuts everywhere,, so they can bed and eat anywhere..
Old 09-10-2006, 09:39 PM

Definitely a shooter. Good luck trying to patten him this year. Hope you get him.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:42 PM

Angus, those are some missouri brutes. I hope I can see one like that when I'm down at Indian Trail next weekend.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

I think so, hard to tell from the pictures. :-) Yeah right, keep the pics coming especially the one with you holding his rack up!!! Go get him!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Just in case you didn't know, I'm logging your IP address, backtracking it to find out your town, and I'll be following you for the next three weeks so I can catch you going and checking your game cam so that I'll know where that deer's at...

Greg you need a riding buddy to help you keep tabs. give me a call.
Dan

Just kidding! "Log your IP address" is the only technical phrase I know...

Sounded good though, huh?

Seriously... Good luck in taking him home with you!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Angus that is a monster[:-] If anything you have pics of high caliber buck growing over several seasons. in itself the pics are a trophy. not many can say they have done that. i would be happy finding that deers sheds let alone bagging him. I Really Really hope you get him.
Dan
Old 09-11-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Angus74

What do you guys think.. is he a shooter??
Are you kidding??
Old 09-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

he'll be really nice in a year or 2

Quick Reply: Is he a shooter???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.