Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is he a shooter???

Old 09-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is he a shooter???

you got a couple of awesome deer there!!! good luck with them this year!!
Giant Nontypical

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to be kidding me, right??????

Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Angus74

Thanks guys,, anyone have any guesses what he might score,, I dont know for sure,, but if I was guessing I would think he may gross 180 or so,, am I way off?
I would agree, but shoot the big boy and let's really find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just in case you didn't know, I'm logging your IP address, backtracking it to find out your town, and I'll be following you for the next three weeks so I can catch you going and checking your game cam so that I'll know where that deer's at...

Just kidding! "Log your IP address" is the only technical phrase I know...

Sounded good though, huh?

Seriously... Good luck in taking him home with you!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ah YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:51 PM

Yeah, I hope to possibly get a crack at him,,, but the last two years Ive got lots of pics of him, and have only had one or two experiences with him,, Im actually starting to think negatively about getting him,, because I know the chances are so slim,, but it is nice to know hes out there. If I do get him you guys will be the first to know..
Old 09-10-2006, 08:53 PM

Dude, I'll be in your neck of the woods the first 2 weekends in October....If you don't wanna shoot him...I'll do it for ya!!!! Man, what a buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:56 PM

Man if you dont shoot him i think ill go into a state of depression. Just dont give up hope bud, keep on his trail, try to scout out where you have sighted him and see if you can get a glimpse of where he is comming from. maybe then you can find out where he is bedding, and who knows then on a clold november morning hell be walking under your stand.......you know what happens next.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Angus, one of the most important things you can carry with you when trophy hunting is a postive mental attitude; keep your chin up! EXPECT to have this monster on your wall next year!

You also mentioned "encounters" with him... I've almost finished reading a fantastic book which was recommended in the Deer Hunting forum a couple weeks ago written by one of our own forum members; you can check it out at www.higginsoutdoors.com

The reason I mention that is that both Don (the author) and I think very similarly when it comes to going after mature bucks. I would limit any potential contact you might possibly have with this ol' boy until it's time for you to sit in a stand with a bow in hand!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

ah yeahhh

Quick Reply: Is he a shooter???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.