Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Anatomy REVIEW..

Old 09-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Anatomy REVIEW..

Atlas, As we all should know this and Im sure most of us experianced archers do. We may also have someguys/galsor kids on here that this may be their first season or there may guys here that are thinking of taking up hunting but havent yet. That type of thing could help them understand the importance of a well placed arrow.

Jason-WKP
Old 09-10-2006, 04:48 PM

good post guys always good to review things even if u do know them very well it never hurts to practice
Old 09-10-2006, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

So, then.......recovery tactics shouldn't be taught here either then, right?
It's not that they should't be..............it's that they shouldn't HAVE to be..........sadly they do. How or whya hunter that was required to take an education coursedoes not already know these things is the issue.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Pass_Thru

Atlas, As we all should know this and Im sure most of us experianced archers do. We may also have someguys/galsor kids on here that this may be their first season or there may guys here that are thinking of taking up hunting but havent yet. That type of thing could help them understand the importance of a well placed arrow.

Jason-WKP
First season or 20th season.........this is not optional info. A first season hunter should be fresh from the hunter ed course and know this stuff cold.

Since it was posted as "review" I didn't take it as a recruitment tool.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Id tend to think Atlas is in the minority in his thinking of this.

Jason
Old 09-10-2006, 04:57 PM

Atlas, do you always have to stir the pot?

Seriously.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Weather anyone feels it was needed or not I enjoyed it. Thanks!

Jason-WKP
Old 09-10-2006, 05:38 PM

I'm sure this site isn't exclusively for accomplished bow hunters. Just take a quick scan of the threads - half those topics I don't read because they don't interest me, most because I've been there and done that. Once in a while I'll look in and add my experience for the younger hunters. Sometimes even an old dog learns a trick or two.

There's plenty of room for all levels of hunters here including newbies and others that love to cover the basics over and again because we're completely ate up with this wonderful lifestyle. I never tire of looking at anatomy pictures. I especially like to see pics from varying angles just to see just how closely the one in my head matches the real deal.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:54 PM

Well im kinda glad this was posted. Like i now everything thats in those picture off the top of my head except for one thing. I was always told to shoot right behing the shoulder. Acourding to those pics if you shoot for the center of the shoulder you should double lung it. Am i right?
Or does every one say shoot behind the shoulder so you dont have to go threw all the meat that the shoulder has in it?
Old 09-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are hunters in TX that don't have to take a hunter ed course. If you were born before 9/2/71 it is not required. Ther could be and probably are hunters out there that don't know this basic info. They are probably the same guys that are at hunt camp to get drunk and get away from the ol lady and don't care about ethics at all. Sad but true that these guys are out there.
I'm 45 years old and just completed hunters ed today. I went with my 12 year old nephew who wanted my company. I have hunted for years without benefit of the course. I got educated by the people that taught me how to hunt, my dad and older brother. I aced the test BTW. And it was a lot of fun. Now my nephew can hunt with me and that is the important thing. He won't be bow hunting this year but after he gets a bow for Christmas we'll get him ready for next season.

Quick Reply: Deer Anatomy REVIEW..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.