Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pictures of your archery work shops.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Pictures of your archery work shops.

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Looks great!

FYI, being an electrician, service panels are supposed to have 30" wide by 36" deep from floor to ceiling clearance called "working space". The area must be free from obstruction (No cabinets,tables, chairs etc.). " Service panels must be "readily accessable". Article 110.26 NEC.

Not trying to rain on your parade, I just thought you should know. Good job, nicely stocked.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg...I am impressed. Especially by the fact that you have two Bowtechs hanging side by side. Now all you need is a freezer full of venison down there!
This is the far end of the laundry room which leads to my archery room... [8D]I will give you that it's getting a bit lower than normal, but about a week and a half will take care of that little problem.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Wow that's nice...
I'm planning on doing one in the coming weeks.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Coming weeks hell.....

I built the work bench today !!

I live in a small town. There are no archery shops with in 75 miles. This post has motivated me to make my own work area and start tinkering for myself. I'm gonna start learning to build my own arrows 1st. Any advice on equipment will be much appreciated.

Total materials was $65 at home depot. I still have to add the overhead light, power outlets & buy hooks for the peg board. Thanks for the insperation Greg.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:59 PM

JD - Any chance you would want to give me the list of materials you purchased and the specs on your bench? That looks about right for my rec room downstairs and I'd love to get a project going for this winter.

You can post it here or PM it to me, but it would be appreciated!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I think gregs post was about his room..........can't find it either.

Here's mine.

The long stablizer in the bedroom has me worried, LOL
Old 09-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

10 8ft 2x4s = $21.70
1 4x8 peg board = $9.99
1 3/4 " 4x8 MDF = $19.67
1 box 3" screws = $4.11
1 box 2" screws = $4.11
4 "L" braces = 2.88
Total = $62.46 + tax

Table is 8ft long, 36inches tall & 30inches deep. Have Home Depot cut the MDG for you, its free.... 1 piece 30"x8', another 24"x 8' this will leave a 6"x8' piece I used for the backboard on the bottom shelf.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome, jreddish!

The best deal on an arrow cut-off saw I was able to find was the 5,000 rpm saw sold by Cabela's... even includes an arrow spinner and an on/off switch for $99.

Don't scrimp on a fletching jig; it's a bit more expensive, but go ahead and get a Bitzenburger. If you're looking solely to save money, Arizona's EZ Fletch will do a nice job. If you're wanting to make one purchase that will last you the rest of your life, buy the Bitz.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:37 PM

Awesome JD! Thanks for the information! Look for a thread featuring my own bench similar to yours in the near future!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:51 PM

Awesome looking shop Greg. I just finished mine over the summer. I was wondering if anyone knows where you can get a bowtech banner or something of that sort. Are they only available to shops or can you work me something out GREG?

Here are a few pics of mine right after I finished. Now it is much more cluttered.

Quick Reply: Pictures of your archery work shops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.