Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pictures of your archery work shops.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pictures of your archery work shops.

Beautiful Greg, that's what I'm working towards...I see some great products in there as well. Especially in the upper/left part of this particular picture....but what's it doing in the package....you should be using it in your car driving your wife crazy leading up to the season, sorry Mrs. MO.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmm... You know, my wife knows how to get on here now... [:-]

Oh gosh, let's see...

That's two seperate 4x8' sheets of woodgrain pegboard from Lowes. I think they sell for around $35 a sheet or so.

The top is one sheet of cabinet-grade plywood that was birch, I think. I was going to buy oak from Lowes, but it only came in 1/2", and this was pre-finished and 3/8" thick. I like the idea of pre-finished, however, if I had it to do over again I would go with the 1/2". At the time, I was scared that it would be too heavy... But when I finished building my framework underneath, I realized I could park a truck up there and it would probably support it. The laminated plywood's close to $50.

There's probably about five 2x4's, varying from eight to 10 feet in length, $3-4 apiece or so.

I've got about $50 in little brackets underneath which can again be purchased at Lowes; these made it super easy to attach everything, as I didn't have to "toe-in" any nails or screws or anything. The whole thing is screwed together, and that's probably another $25 or so just in screws... Yep, can you say "over-engineered"? [8D]

Of course, then you've got the Coffey scale, $50...cutoff saw, $100...Apple vise, $75, Bowmender press, $75... Digital grain scale, $40... Easy-Eye Laser, $90... The couple thousand in bows... Never mind. I'm stopping while I'm ahead.

At least I never have to go to another Pro Shop to have work done now... in fact, my workshop is nicer than almost every single shop I've been to so far in a two-hour radius; it's a super blessing to have such a place to be able to tinker in, and I'm extremely thankful.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't worry Rob... that Deer Flute has been out of its package several times. Now that I've got this pegboard, I don't just rip up the packaging on anything I buy any more... I never paid attention before, but just about everything archery-related opens very easily from its clamshell and can be simply pressed right back together when you're ready to hang it up when not in use... Imagine that; I never knew! [8D]
Old 09-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, your a neat freak! but that is one great looking work area. I got so much stuff, I had to build a 4 x 8 hanging shelf in the garage over the jet ski's to help store some stuff! I still need more space! Think I'm gonna have to build that machine shed soon!
Old 09-09-2006, 04:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I hang them here.... and.... take them to Len for work.[8D]

Old 09-09-2006, 05:24 AM

Greg, that is one nice shop there bud.

I can't wait to own all the equipment needed to tune my bow.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Davidmil, uh...you've taken one or two bucks in your life haven't you.

Greg, same here bud, I keep the clam shells too and organize, everything has a place, everything in it's place. That's why my basement is driving me nuts right now. Again, great looking home shop. We want another picture book a year from now.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:36 PM

That is an awesome set up you have Greg.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

That shop is absolutely awesome! All I can do is drool!
Old 09-09-2006, 02:20 PM

Greg...I am impressed. Especially by the fact that you have two Bowtechs hanging side by side. Now all you need is a freezer full of venison down there!

Quick Reply: Pictures of your archery work shops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.