Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kisser button...

Old 09-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Kisser button...

I want to put on a kisser button becauseI think I keep changing my anchor point and I believe my consistancy suffers from it. Somewhere I heard not to use oneif you use a string loop. Is this true? Also how much speedwill I lose by using one?Are there any draw backs to using a kisser button? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 PM

Default RE: Kisser button...

Depending on the size of the kisser button you decide to go with, you'll lose anywhere from 2 - 5 FPS.

As for not using one with a loop, that's completely false. I've shot the last three years using a string loop and a kisser button. You'll be fine using both.

Good luck with getting your anchor point situation dealt with.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

Ive used a kisser for the last 6 years with few ill effects ONE get use to using it with your facemask on before season. you dont have to bury a kisser in your mouth it there as a touch point get use to touching it to your mouth in the same spot I like using 3 anchor points hand to back of jaw. kisser corner of mouth and string side of nose
Old 09-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I usually hunt with a face mask and I see Cabelas sells 2 kisser buttons. The bigger one says "good to use with face masks", so I guess I'll be better off with that one.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doefever

Thanks guys. I usually hunt with a face mask and I see Cabelas sells 2 kisser buttons. The bigger one says "good to use with face masks", so I guess I'll be better off with that one.
I used to use a kisser button but I had trouble feeling it through my facemask. I switched to a peep instead and removed the kisser. This allows me to continue to use my scentlok mask.

A kisser button and face paint is another good option.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Fork Horn

I use a peep and will still use it when I put on the kisser button.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a kisser buttonand a peep,have been since I started bow hunting, the spped reduction is minimal with the kisser as long as you put a smaller one on like mine. I hardley know its there. I draw back i feel it hit the corner of my mouth breath out, and shoot. Bullseyes every time.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:10 AM

I have a better question, how do you feel the kisser button will make you more consistant? If you already have a peep using a kisser button probably won't help much in reality. Especially if you anchor it to the corner of your mouth which can move quite easily from shot to shot. If you are not lined up perfectly your mouth will move to find the kisser button.

If you want to shoot more consistantly install a No Peep on your bow, or use a smaller peep.

Or pay more attention to your form and current anchor points. Blind bale shooting can't hurt either.

And when you shoot, do you center the pin in the peep, or the housing in the peep? If you center the pin in the peep a kisser will not work to well for you because as your distance increases your anchor points will change slightly.

Paul
Old 09-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

My problem seems to be that sometimesI will anchor to the corner of my mouth other times to my jaw and sometimes I even pull away from my face. I just feel that it would help me to be consistant.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot with a kisser button and NO peep at all. With consistant form and anchor point, you don't need a peep...which in my opinion can become a problem in low light situations. I have shot this way for the last 6 years...since I got my last bow and the pro shop guy talked me into trying it. Not every arrow is in the "X" ring, but I think putting 5 inside a 3 inch circle will be good enough to handle things.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Quick Reply: Kisser button...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.