Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

atv noise...

Old 09-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: atv noise...

What you have to remember is that they know the difference if one is driving by and out of danger vs one that stops and stays. Trust me, they learn and will avoid. I was talking with a outfitter friend of mine in Ohio. What they've observed is this, they used to allow clients to ride to a stand. They weren't seeing anything. Then what they did was dropped them off at their stand and drove away. The deer would come out after the atv was gone. They knew when the atv came and stopped vs passed by.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:57 AM

Default RE: atv noise...

i agree with that rob, 100%. i'll also say it takes a while for them to learn, so if someone isn't in that stand every day, an atv parked there shouldn't bother them. i also don't believe exhaust fumes on clothes bother them, unless they've somehow learned that smell and associated it with humans. human smell bothers them - sometimes. i'd park mine about 100 yds away if i was in your spot.