Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your stinky bow

Old 09-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Your stinky bow

i got to thinkin today when i saw a comercial for some scent eliminator that contains silver and it showed the guy in a stand and he was "invisible" but his bow wasnt. i was wonderin if any of you do anything to eliminate any scent on your bows. i know some of you spend hundreds of dollars to keep from smellin, but ever think about your bows?

Schobs
Old 09-04-2006, 05:58 PM

Default RE: Your stinky bow

I spray my bow and the interior of my bow case down with scent eliminator prior to the season.

I also spray them both down periodicially with dirt cover scent just in case. I don't think our bows hold odor the way clothing or skin does, but I still spray it down.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:38 PM

i spray down my bow before i go out into the woods, just to be certain there is no odor.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I spray my bow each time I hunt. I also keep a sock full of baking soda in the case. I figure if it works in the fridge to soak up odors it will work in my case,
Old 09-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spray mine down between hunting trips.
I've read in the past that the no-scent spray can remove the paint, so watch it.

I also keep an earth scent disc in my case, my bows stink like dirt .
It really soaks into the camo moleskin & string/cable.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Place a generous amount of baking soda in your bow case. That will take out the smell as well.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

interesting....chemicals on expensive bows.....let me know how that works out for everyone. not that i KNOW it will hurt...but i rather play the wind then maybe..possibly ruin my bow. just nevvver know what chemicals will do. exspecially something as fragil as a bow sting
Old 09-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spray my bow every time I go into the woods, also keep a fresh earth disk in my case.

Mauser, I had the same set of strings and cables for 2 years.Each year spending about 30 days in the deer woods, this doesn't include the hog, turkey (obviously didn't spray for turkeys), 3d and other shooting. Never had any problems and my razortec still shoots like a dream. I don't think it causes any problems, but JMHO.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

it might not cause damage dwd.....just a thought that popped in my head....im sure noone ever had it do any damage..just never know with chemicals....i didnt know rubbing alcohol was so potent. i was using it to clean glue and styrofoam from my arrows..i rubbed over the painted label and it came off! i never knew it was so potent! lol.....just never know and gota be careful with chemicals...im a cautious guy lol
Old 09-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

baking soda!

Quick Reply: Your stinky bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.