Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Climber??? Yes or no?

Old 09-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lone Wolf Climber??? Yes or no?

I keep going back and forth whether or not to purchase one of these. I still have my goold ole' API stand but I've been thinking of getting something lighter.

For the sit and climb model, how wide is the seat? The reason I ask is because I have a 44" waist and I want to make sure a big guy like me will have room.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Well I picked up my Lone Wolf stand today and to answer JeramyK's question "Not Very" !! I have a 40" inch waist and am a tight fit. I'll most likely have to return it due to lack of room. Other than the small size it's the perfect tree stand for hunters who are not big.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:09 PM

I just pulled the trigger on a Lone Wolf Alpha Sit & Climb. I'll provide a review once I've had a chance to test it out. Our season starts on the 23rd.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats and good luck with the SitnClimb. As far as I am concerned the LW climbers are the safest made. As for the difference in width between the LW stands and some others, the LW top portion sits even with the platform while on many other brands the platform sits inside the top while packing. Putting it simply, Lone Wolf is worth the money.