Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you like the most?

Old 08-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What do you like the most?

I do enjoy the brisk weather also. Among many other things. Having plenty of time to put all your worries behind you and think about how great it is to be in gods country.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:20 PM

It feels natural ,,, like home . Everyone has given some good examples . Everything slows down ,,, no more Denver , cell phone , dead lines , rush , rush rush . I never get enough time out there .
Old 08-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Typical Buck

Right at dusk when the woods just get as quiet as can be and every little leaf or twig crackling gets your heart pumping.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: nebraskabuckhunter

I cant agree more with all of you its just good to get out there in the cold and snow and sit and watch, maybe its something primal inside of me but its almost like you become one with the wilderness and outdoors, (Oh no I think i might be talking like uncle Ted now) But anyway its just an unbeleivable experience that nothing else can come close to, on my second or third hunt when i was 14 or 15 i had a fawn come up to me while i was sitting on a down log in the fence line it was so close that i could have reached out and grabbed it, that is one memory that I will never forget.
That reminds me of a couple years ago when I was posting on a deer drive and a small fawn came trotting up the trail and bedded down about 10 feet from me. It was just sitting there and I was kind of trying to scare it off, I was waiving my hands saying, hey! and stuff but it just wouldn't leave.
Then last year before I shot my big buck there was a little yearling walking around right behind me at about 10 feet again. Stuff like that us just so cool and you can't get that experience anywhere else...gotta love it
Old 09-01-2006, 11:29 AM

I love being in the woods......you get all set up...sit back and blend in with nature....I love to watch everything, and think that this is what happens everyday out here...no phones....no people....just me and my thoughts...and although I am waiting to bow hunt in the snow.......one of my fav. memories of hunting so far is hunting pheasants with my Dad in the snow....it was one of those cold snowy mornings....not much wind so the snow was falling so slowly.....then a rooster bursts out of 2 feet of snow.....amazing...I love to hunt...people who don't, just don't know what it's like.......can't understand how someone would rather be sleeping till 10:am, than see the sunrise on a nice quiet morning.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess the adrenaline is the "Drug" part.

I've also....if I can come clean, here......found out something about myself over the years. I CRAVE the time in the woods......because it's there that I am at one with my God. I don't attend a Church building......but I worship just about every chance I get......during the season. It's hard for me to explain. I am HUMBLED when I'm in God's back yard......and I miss it. Next Saturday will be a VERY special time. It's personal. It's special. I'm looking forward to it.

I was on stand, last year....and there were5 deer under me at one time that I knew I wasn't going to attempt a shot at. I still remember my leg bouncing so hard that I thought I might spook 'em. All this....and I KNEW I wasn't gonna shoot. What unfolded before me was so beautiful.....I just didn't want to spook them and "intrude". AWEsome.

I'd better add that I DO WANNA TAKE A DEER OR FOUR, this year.....lol. Yes, team.....you can count on me! I have a lot of respect for these animals we hunt......and the places in which we hunt them.

Jeff