Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No peep problem

Old 11-08-2002, 10:18 AM

Default No peep problem

This is my first year using the No Peep. All summer long I didn't have a single problem. I shot it in all light conditions and it worked great. I could always see my no peep longer than I could see my sight pin. I am now experiencing something different while in my tree stand. For some reason the no peep is not showing up as long as my sight pin. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm a little upset.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No peep problem

I use a no peep as well and have not noticed that problem. If you are getting plenty of practice it should not matter. The only thing the no peep does is force you to develop your form. If you have practiced enough you should have it down even without being able to see the no peep. HTH

Old 11-08-2002, 11:43 AM

I have practiced a ton but always like to check the no peep just to make sure. I feel like I'm not anchoring in the correct place if I take a glance and don't see the bull. I'm going to go practice right now just to test everything.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:25 PM

I've been using the no-peep since last spring and I noticed that it gets difficult to see in the evenings as well. I can see my sight pins quite a bit later than the circle in the no-peep. But as Steve F. mentioned, it doesn't seem to matter. I'v practiced with it enough that I only check it from time to time to make sure everything is the same.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:36 PM

I'm always check my sight picture just before quiting at the end of the day. My sight pin is very bright and I can still see it when I can barely see the ground. The no-peep fiber optics are not quite that bright, but I have always been able to see the bubble past legal shooting time.

Check to make sure your sight guard is not blocking light to the fiber optic on the no-peep. I mounted my no-peep above my sight because that is where it receives the most light with my configuration.

Old 11-08-2002, 04:47 PM

The last/first few minutes of legal shooting is when I can only see green and not the black circle. I currently have it set up below my sight. I will probably change it next year.