Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thieves

Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM

Default thieves

Some of you may already know about all the things I had stolen recently thats going to prevent me hunting in the 2006 season. First off I want to thank everyone who showed their support by posting in response to my venting. Secondly, what the heck is wrong with people?? There are so many posts on here with people having things stolen. Is this what we're coming to as outdoorsman?? This isn'tnecessarily directed to anyone on this site, butcome on guys. We all enjoy hunting and as outdoorsmen we need to stick together. There are so many people out there trying to stop hunting as they think it's cruel or what have you, the last thing that we need is to be stealing off of each other and spoiling the thing that we all enjoy most. With that said, I hope everone has a safe season and upcoming season. Shoot straight and aim true.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: thieves

Amen to that. If I ever see a thief in action or poacher I'll be putting my G5 Montec in there butt!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

wele we had a peta guy that lived about 1 mile from where we hunted. After many many times loosing stands steps and having lots bad meetings with him. FINALY the cops got in to it. When they walked by his barn they saw many many tree stands. [ended up he had 46 tree stands in his barn].He had to get them form all over to have this many.

Well they didnt do crap to him even though many of the stands where named and numbered.I did not get any of my stands back nore did my partner.Ended up he moved not sure where all the stands went BUT I bet he is still taking them.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

A beating is in order for that peta freak.

I don't like leaving my stands in the woods anymore. One more reason I like my tree saddle.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Fork Horn

One of my hunting buddies had a PETA guy pull a shotgun on him one evening while locating turkeys on the side of the road. My buddy took the gun from him,kicked the snot out of him and left him lying in the ditch. He thought he killed the guy. He came and got us andwe went to check on the guy. Wefound a pool of blood along the shoulder of the road. Mr. PETA won't do that again!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:28 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ELKINMTCWB

wele we had a peta guy that lived about 1 mile from where we hunted. After many many times loosing stands steps and having lots bad meetings with him. FINALY the cops got in to it. When they walked by his barn they saw many many tree stands. [ended up he had 46 tree stands in his barn].He had to get them form all over to have this many.

Well they didnt do crap to him even though many of the stands where named and numbered.I did not get any of my stands back nore did my partner.Ended up he moved not sure where all the stands went BUT I bet he is still taking them.
You all screwd up then. You should have persued it up the chain. I would have talked with the police captain and your DA. Your DA wants to get re-elected doesn't he?
Old 08-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I even had a nurse steal my Italian sandwich out of my room frig
Old 08-30-2006, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is this what we're coming to as outdoorsman??
I wouldn't clasify the scumbag thiefs as outdoorsman. I can't believe the amount of theft going on either. It is sickening. I had 8 ladder stands stolen off private land the day before season opener a few years ago. What the heck is wrong with people. You either own something or someone gives it to you. That's the only way you obtain it. I hate thieves. They are the lowest scum on the planet IMO.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I had a neighbor ask about the ladder I had up in my backyard. He wondered if it was still there and he said he was thinking about taking it. I just said yes I did take it down but I plan on putting it back up. That did bother me though since it was on my property and there is a stand just above it. What a goof ball.