Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ignorant people

Old 08-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ignorant people

Sconer, don't give up on the justice system yet.
Last year we had someone come into our house (basement door was left unlocked for my son to get in after school) they stole adigital camera, a video camera and some ofmy wife's jewelry and some cash.
We called the police, they came out never found any finger prints or any other evidence, but wewere able to provide the serial numbers for the cameras.
Last month adeputy from the sheriffs office came by the house and told us the cameras had been recovered off of a juvenile that used to live in our neighborhood.
We go to juvenile court in September.
So you have to believe, itwill just take time.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Thieves suck!!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

See post in "stolen game cam".
Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sconer15478

Yea, it was really hard and still is learning that my paps gun is gone. Especially since he gave it to me about a year before he died. I don't have the S/N for my grandfathers gun but I do for the rest of em. The only thing is, I'm not really good with the whole book keeping thing so who knows where they are. I did file a police report and they did fingerprint,however, a friend of mines house was broken into approx 2 months ago (twice actually) and had guns stolen, got fingerprints from a window, and never heard anything about it again to date. So my faith in the justice system is little.
Hey Sconer,
Sorry to hear about your theft. Are you in northern PA? This is a real problem in northern PA and southern New York right now. As far as finger prints go, crimes are solved by prints about %1 of the time. The lift of the fingerprint has to be almost perfect and if the suspect is not already in the FBI fingerprint database from a previous crime it will turn up nothing. But, itis not uncommon for stolen guns to turn up somewhere down the line in another crime or if a dirtbag is trying to save his ownrear and turns over information to Police about another dirtbag this could reveal some stolen property. Keep your chin up and keep pressure on the investigating agency...the squeaky wheel gets the grease.