Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hind Sights?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:47 PM

Default Hind Sights?

I was wondering if any of you use hind sights. I was watching a hunting DVD and the guy on it used one. He discussed the benefits and they seem to work 100% better than peep sights. I guess they allow you to open both eyes and keep a much more accurateshot and consistant anchor point. He said it also is so much easier to tune and keep in tune that a peep sight. I was just looking for ya'lls input.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:58 AM

Default RE: Hind Sights?

I have used them, while they work I think a peep is more accurate and less confusing to use. I gave it to a buddy and he loves it.

I have also used the No Peep and liked it better, but still think a peep is more accurate.

Paul
Old 08-27-2006, 08:16 AM

Never liked peeps for all the obvious reasons .
Old 08-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty much the same as Paul. I thought they covered too much of the target and I couldn't see the hairs well, or center the pin in the hairs well. The hairs didn't glow either. I modified mine and replaced the hind site with a pin. Line up both pins and let'r go. Half expecting for them to come out with one with a pin.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Dominant Buck

POS. Think about it. If you were shooting open sights on a rifle would you want the front sight and rear sight 6 inches apart on the front of the barrell or would you like them as far apart as possible. Further apart is much better for accuracy. The hindsight is a gimmick. Yes a good archer could still shoot it well, but not nearly as well as a standard peep and pin setup. If it had any advantage you'd see all the big boys using it at Vegas. I guarantee you won't find one on the line there unless the guy owns the company. All TV personalities pushing products are paid endorsements, not God's final word.