Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting...

Old 08-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting...

Wow, that's a tough question. My favorite thing? Hmm...I'd have to say a combination of many things. There's just too many things I love about hunting to pick one. I'd have to say just the getting together of friends, the way the woods looks in fall, the cool chill in the air. I love sitting down in total silence and listening and watching the woods come alive. I guess I'd have to say it's a tie between hunting with my dad and being amongst the wildlife while it comes alive not knowing that I'm watching it. The woods are so much better when you're a fly on the wall, rather than it knowing you're there.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:43 PM

I love the crisp Novemeber mornings when you feel that warm layer underneath your parrka, but your face is sharp. The yellow and orange leaves crinkle and slowly fall. I feel at home. I love sitting with my bow in a tree stand, feeling above the whole earth, not thinking about the civilized world, just me and my trusty Oneida. I love the points leading up to that too. The March shed hunting, the trail scouting, using every thought in my mind to figure out a big bucks travel routes, even when I can't sit for 45 minutes in Math. I think that everything leading up to the point of impact is just as important if not more than hitting a big buck.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:50 PM

Interesting question. As I read through the comments all the others have made I can hear my mind saying "oh yeah, I like that too." But in the end, it is the culmination of all these things, and many more, that make hunting what it is to me. What I like the best about hunting, is that it is HUNTING, all of the parts together make it what it is, and therefore define the act itself. IFI had to choose another word or phrase, it would be as alluded to by tkycaller- aliveness. It is not a word, but should be. I am never as attached to the dynamic fabric of life as I am when hunting.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Critr-Gitr

Interesting question. As I read through the comments all the others have made I can hear my mind saying "oh yeah, I like that too." But in the end, it is the culmination of all these things, and many more, that make hunting what it is to me. What I like the best about hunting, is that it is HUNTING, all of the parts together make it what it is, and therefore define the act itself. IFI had to choose another word or phrase, it would be as alluded to by tkycaller- aliveness. It is not a word, but should be. I am never as attached to the dynamic fabric of life as I am when hunting.
Yea, that about sums it up for me also. Hunting to me is being as close as you get get to god without being dead.