Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2003 Patriot drop away

Old 08-25-2006, 05:40 PM

Default 2003 Patriot drop away

Which drop away would ya'll recomend for a patriot.I've heard due to nock trvel issues timimg some of the rests can be difficult?? The local Bowtech shop seems to favor the QAD's.I have a last year model NAP 2000 laying around but I'm reluctant to use it because it hooks to the cable slide.I've also heard due to the small movement of the cable slide on the infinity cams this is not recomended.I guess I could serve it to the down cable?

Thanks,
CB
Old 08-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2003 Patriot drop away

My '05 Diamond Victory is pretty similar to your Pat. I use a Cobra Diamondback dropaway with good results. Easy to tune, accurate, and quiet.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:54 PM

that Nap is a great rest. I modified mine a little so that your can tie into the down cable. You need to drill out the hole a little bigger on the launcher arm and then i use standard D loop material. Works great and is alot easier to tune it so that it will come up exactly when you want it to.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:55 PM

I own a 2003 Patriot and was told directly from Bowtech when I bought it that drop away's (at that time) would be difficult to get to work due to the limited travel of the cables...........it won't drop fast enough in other words.

They were right.........I had a horrible time with the drop I had (NAP) and so I tried a whisker biscuit. I have not even thought about changing since.

Maybe the new drop rests work better........I don't know. I wouldn't get one that depends on the cable slide to drop (sounds like you already know that)

Good Luck
Old 08-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

I use the Muzzy Zero Effect... Mechanically I have never had any problems with it. 4th season using one and love it.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:34 PM

Thanks fellas.If I'm not mistaken the diamond victory has the solataire cam which is similar to the infinity cam on the patriot.I may look at the cobra model.I had some issues with contact using the NAP on a darton maverick.So I'm a little leary to try it on the Pat.

Atlas I am shooting a bisquit now.But, even with my St Epic black arrows it is making a little more noise than I am comfortable with for our close range string jumpy whitetails.Plus,I'm just not shooting as good asI have in the pastat longer ranges with broadheads.I've tried all the usual tricks to quiet the WB down.But it's still making a little too much noise to my liking.

CB
Old 08-26-2006, 12:42 PM

When I bought my 2003 Patriot, I immediately put my Trophy Ridge Drop Zone on it, served into the cable as per the instructions, and I have never any problems of any kind. I know some people have reported problems with the old DZs (like mine), but I haven't had any, and it's quiet as mouse in a church. Cheaper than the other rests mentioned here, too.

As for quieting your WB, switching to feathers would help. Of course, the WB will eat those feathers pretty quick though. I think a drop away is definitely the way to go.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: CAJUNBOWHNTR

Atlas I am shooting a bisquit now.But, even with my St Epic black arrows it is making a little more noise than I am comfortable with for our close range string jumpy whitetails.Plus,I'm just not shooting as good asI have in the pastat longer ranges with broadheads.I've tried all the usual tricks to quiet the WB down.But it's still making a little too much noise to my liking.

CB
I don't have an answer for ya on that one..........I killed 3 deer last year with Easton Epics so I can't comment on them being a problem. As far as accuracy goes again I can hold broadhead groups out to 40+ yards so again I would think something is going on form wise or a tuning issue. If everything is in check then I guess you could start ripping parts off and hope for the best..............good luck.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:26 PM

The arrows I'm shooting are the new ST or thin Epics,although I think the finnish is the same as the old ones.I gues I'm just anal about the rest noise.I've allways used felt or moleskin on my arrow rests and they were nearly slilent.

As far as the shooting goes.The bow has been paper tuned,then walk back tuned out to 40 yds.So I don't think it's a tuning issue.It could very well be my form,I just know that I have shot much better in the past.

I'm not one to just start changing things and suspect the "bow " is the problem when I'm not shooting well either.I guess it's just the combination of the noise issue,fletching wear and now the inconsistency in my shooting that has me wanting to try something else.

CB

Old 08-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The drop zone tunedtheeasiest with my 2infinity cammed bows.
Others are tunable, but the drop zone left the largest amount of hair intact on my head when the deed was done.

I am currently running a TT shakey hunter on my 04 patriot- but it took some real finagling to get it right. But when finished, it's all good.

Quick Reply: 2003 Patriot drop away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.