Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

boone & crockett score mis under stood...

Old 08-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: boone & crockett score mis under stood...

REDNECK IN GARAGE SCORING METHOD- coutn the number of points the deer has that you can hang a ring on then the width and the height and compare to your buddies deer who ever has the biggest gets the bragging rights
Old 08-25-2006, 08:17 PM

i hate to think that someone is teaching our youth the wrong data about scoreing ....and you all bring up some good points ....for one dose p&y score from the center of the main beam for point lenght ...

i have shot 17 bucks 26 does and i didnt keep any racks. i have a knife handle made from a record 10 point 243 hanging weight . and years ago i had a picture of him but i have know idea where it is now ... the best picture of him is inside me ....LOL ...

i ate them all and they tasted dam good .but that dosent make me look the other way when people try to score their deer .
nothing is prefect and that goes for scoreing
Old 08-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: the blindbowmen

i hate to think that someone is teaching our youth the wrong data about scoreing ....and you all bring up some good points ....for one dose p&y score from the center of the main beam for point lenght ...

i have shot 17 bucks 26 does and i didnt keep any racks. i have a knife handle made from a record 10 point 243 hanging weight . and years ago i had a picture of him but i have know idea where it is now ... the best picture of him is inside me ....LOL ...

i ate them all and they tasted dam good .but that dosent make me look the other way when people try to score their deer .
nothing is prefect and that goes for scoreing
That's cool..... However some people take more of an interest in their deer.... and thay's cool too.

BTW, point length is not measured to the center of the main beam. It is measured to an imaginary line along the top edge of the main beam. As if the tine were cut off perfectly like it was never there.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:12 AM

GregH.....

i agree 100% and that was my under standing .i think if we are to set a standerd of under standing for the good of the sport .it can only add to the sport if everyone under stands it in the frist place .....its funny how you stated about interest .....i was totally blind for 3 months ,i didnt know if i would ever see again ...i had what felt like years to think about life and my past and future and what had put me in that condition at the time ....i have something to give back to this sport . the wisedom of what is beyond the mighty Buck be it green or deer brown .....
i am in all respects a wealthy man and wealth did not help me in the darkness . my love of this sport did . i told my self everyday hunterds of times " i will shot again ! i will shot again ! " 5 years latter ,i am shoting again,... now i just want to know more about what i am shoting at & why ! LOL

Old 08-26-2006, 06:53 AM

Oneshot7 ... redneck ..LOL ..not yet !.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

I agree stevetatum. I want to know how many inches he has. A buddy of mine killed a 12 that scored gross 162. He had several stickers on one side, and a main frame 8 on the other (4 points) Take all the deductions out and the net was like 135. Go with the gross that is the true size.