Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I am an addict

Old 08-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I am an addict

You too ?
Old 08-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

we all are man, welcome to the club.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me too! My wife gets annoyed with me when we're driving together in the car because I'm constantly glancing at the fields looking for deer. I take the long way home just so I can drive by the good deer fields. I always havea shining light and binoculars riding shotgun.

I cannot walk anywhere without guessing the yardage and then pacing it off to see if I was right. When I walk upstairs, I imagine I'm inmy treestand, look at the bottom of the steps, and bend at the waist. When I'm on the toilet I'm reading a hunting mag. When I'm on the computer, I'm on Huntingnet. I hang my bows in the living room just to be closer to them. They are the most beautiful piece of art in the house. I've trimmed shooting lanes in the trees in my backyard. My lawn is worn from all the trips back and forth to the bag target.

There's not 5 minutes that goes buy without bowhunting crossing my mind somehow. If I see a dog, Iimagine it's a deer andstare at the shoulder picking "the spot" (don't worry I'd never shoot a dog!). When I shave, I think about my broadheads andif they are sharper than my razor. I could go on and on but you get the point. You are not alone!
Old 08-26-2006, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

We're all in the same boat. That's the Addict boat. We wouldn't all be here posting questions and learning from all our other addicted associates if we weren't addicted to hunting. My Fiancee is very understanding. When we go somewhere I usually let her drive so that I can scout fields as we pass by. The funny thing is she's always looking around also, so that when she spots deer she's pointing them out to me. Or she'll be like why don't you hunt here or there, I always spot deer at this place. She will be going hunting with me eventually. She says she wants to try it sometime. So I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. She bought me the Summit Viper X5 for my Birthday last year. She's also behind me on getting a new bow, when I told her the money was to tight at the moment, she said ever hear of layaway...lol. They will come around, as long as you show as much addiction to them as you do the hunt. Bring them out with you scouting, or tracking. My Fiancee used to go with me on the 4 wheeler when I'd go out during the summer, scouting for areas to hunt. She loved it because we were having fun on the wheeler and getting muddy, while i was doing what we all are addicted to. If you think she may enjoy some aspect of your hunting habbits, scouting, stand hanging, tracking...etc..THEN INVITE HER ALONG. It could be the changing point in your relationship that you've been yearning for.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:34 AM

Buck Slayer......maybe if your girlfriend is not into hunting as of yet, she might like to go along and video your hunts. If you can get a bow in her hands and do a few 3D shoots, she may just fall in love with it. I, unfortunately, am the addicted one in our family. I spend way to much $$ on cloths (camo) and shoes (turkey boots, thermal and rubber boots) and purses.....3 back packs. I shoot a Hoyt ViperTec and when I ordered my Hoyt Trykon, I felt sooooo guilty, I made my husband order one for himself. Maybe you DON'T want to get her started. HAHA Good Luck and safe hunting. Diann