Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your turn to earn the respect of your fellow posters!

Old 08-25-2006, 09:04 AM

Default RE: Your turn to earn the respect of your fellow posters!

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Dale Carnegie wrote in his famous book How To Win Friends and Influence People that it's always easier to attract flies with honey than it is with gall
I took the course ....... TWICE!!! LOL
and before someone says it, NO, I didn't fail it the first time.LOL
I would never say that! I kknow you actually failed it bothtimes!!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: manuman

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Dale Carnegie wrote in his famous book How To Win Friends and Influence People that it's always easier to attract flies with honey than it is with gall
I took the course ....... TWICE!!! LOL
and before someone says it, NO, I didn't fail it the first time.LOL
I would never say that! I know you actually failed it bothtimes!!!!!
Now thats respect!
I would expect you will be hearing from TDWW the respectinator.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

The mods have been a real joke lately.
Thanks bawanajim, its appreciated.
Yup, thanks bawanajim....and I stay the hell out of the Hunting/Politics forum.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

Greg I see your reasons for this. It does seem to get cluttered with members replying or posting just to get their numbers up. I have been here just about from the begining. Even though my post do not reflect it do to server changes or glitches or whatever. I would seem to imagine that I would be right around 1000 post even if they would not have been wiped out, But the point is I feel, like Greg that there are many post just for the sake of apost count. I also see Davids point. I guess my point is this....IT COULD BE A GOOD THING......I feel that I have mostly quaity post and I like several memmbers here attempt to help people. Not to PIMP product or self promote. I just like discussing archery hunting etc. That is one reason why my post numbers are not up there with the others because some days you just got to decide what hill to die on that day when some of these threads get out of hand...........I just wanted to give my 2 cents.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

The mods have been a real joke lately.
Thanks bawanajim, its appreciated.
Yup, thanks bawanajim....and I stay the heck out of the Hunting/Politics forum.
Did you delete the thread I was talking about. I don't think so.

You guys sound like you need a big group hug.

The deleters know who they are.
I have been on the bowhunters forum and you don't bust azz there so why would I bust yours.

justin case you go to the politics forum watch out for the deletainator.He strikes without warning. []
Old 08-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK, bawanajim... Clearly you've got issues with a certain mod; take it up with him or her, or go straight to admin if you feel it necessary. I vaguely recall something written about questoning moderators' decisions...

This banter is detracting from this thread. Much more, and I'll go back and delete all your posts here, too...and I haven't a clue as to who you are. As far as I can tell, it's the first time I've seen one of your posts in six years.

Like Rob, I don't set foot in the political forum and raise cain there. We'd appreciate the same courtesy here. Again, if you've got concerns over a moderator's practices, this is not the thread to take it up in.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

OK, bawanajim... Clearly you've got issues with a certain mod; take it up with him or her, or go straight to admin if you feel it necessary.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 AM

Greg, I can understand your point.

However, I am at work 12 hours a day and on the computer for all of it. I spend a lot of time on here when I'm not busy. No, I don't always create inspirational posts but I usually try to state my opinion if it be one sentence or sometimes a couple of paragraphs.

No offence but everyone here did not graduate with a bachelors degree in journalism. I commend you for it and I enjoy reading your thoughts. Just not quite sure if this is the right approach. I can tell you now that I may never receive one of the awards but I'll still be here and post as I always have.

Why should post count even matter? We are all here to learn and alot of us have fun in the process.

Overall, I agree with Davidmil on this one.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used to hand out the HRAOP in the past and it's always been appreciated. I never felt it was a grading practice of any kind. I've enjoyed alot of posts over the years, some are two worders, some were a book however it never mattered to me who made the thread/post and who didn't. If it was outstanding, it was outstanding including you DavidMil...in fact, had I'd still been handing them out, there were one or two in the OffSeason forum I would have handed you, better yet, I would have shaken your hand for them.

Like it or not, David, this forum isn't about you, it's not about me, it's about the quality and quanitity of forum members we have here as well as moderators that make this place click...good, bad and indifferent. There's a reason why people come here, including you. Some might come here because of you, some might come here because of the moderators and others might even stay away because of you or the moderators. Whose to say why this place as grown to the capacity to what it has but I'd lay good, hard earned money that it is what it is because of all of us.

I'm ready and willing to hand out the HRAOP and I'm going to. If one doesn't like it, try to be an adult and keep that to yourself rather than degrade the poster, the moderator or the thread/post. If it's there, it's earned. Also, I would ask that you don't hand them out to yourself. Again, let's be adults here and a little common courtesy gets you the same.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

Greg I have to be honest with you here, after reading through the thread, I feel a little intimidated about posting. Don't get me wrong I like to read a good wellwritten post, but I have to say that there are more then a few people that use this forum as a tool. They ask advice about their bow set up or a problem they are having with landowner ect. How insightful can you get when you are looking for advice? I can 100% see what you are saying aboutthe guys that want their post count up, but I would hate to have someone not post because they didn't think it would live up to "standards" and feel uncomfortable.Not everyone is on here to get their post count up and it would be ashame to lose someone who really just wants to learn and ask questions. Not after all that being said it is an eye opener for those folks looking for a discusion on there topic.Great idea I just hope it doen't effect the wrong people

Quick Reply: Your turn to earn the respect of your fellow posters!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.